Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Edward

Mother dotes more on the son than the daugher,the daughter was killed by the mother

44 posts in this topic

Source : Oriental Daily

20gc005at1.jpg

(Such people don't deserve a black bag to cover the face)

Mother dotes more on the son than the daugher,the daughter was killed by the mother

20/08/2008

After a mother gave birth to a pair of male female twins. She have always doted more on the boy than the girl. The boy was treated good while the girl is frequently injured and abused. There was one time that the girl's injury was too serious that she needs to be hospitalised for 12 days.

Although the goverment agencies has gained a personal protection order for the girl,she has continued to suffer under the watch of her mother. The girl has continued to suffer about 60 new injuries all over her body. The injuries have damaged her head,which internal bleeding and blood cloting has occured. The head injuries has caused the girl to choke and die while eating bread.

The mother whom was arrested days ago has already admitted the charges of child abuse causing death. The hearing will take place in court at the 16th of next month,while background and mental reports of the accused will be gathered by the community service department before she will be sentenced. The judge has also ordered the community service department to investigate why it is that the deceased's brother has got better treatment from the mother while she was being treated harshly.

20gc006tv0.jpg

(Clothe Hanger being bent - this is a tool being used during the abuse)

The accused is named Cheung Wai Yu (Aged 28). Initially she has been charged with manslaughter,but the charge was later changed to child abuse causing death. Cheung Wai Yu has commited child abuse to Lo Fung Ying (now known as the deceased) during the period between year 2005's May to year 2007's July in her apartment at Kwun Tong Yi On street. When the police carried out investigations in her residence,they have only found photographs of the accused's son,no photographs of her daughter was found.

According information revealed by the court,during July last year the accused has reported to the police stating that the deceased has became unconscious when eating bread. The deceased was pronounced dead after being sent to the hospital. After the coroner has carried out a post-mortem on the deceased,he has discovered about 42 new injuries which were bruises and cuts. 17 old injuries were also found,the injuries of the deceased covered her whole body from head to toe. The Coroner has also discovered that the deceased was being hit and slapped on her face,neck,main body and limbs. The deceased's lips was swollen from slaps. Internal injuries included the discovery of the rib bone broken,and the brain having clots. It was believed that the head damage has caused the girl not to react and choke while eating.

20gc003in2.jpg

(yeah this person should show her face and not to be shy

even a tiger wont eat its own cubs,she is worst than a beast)

Doted on son but not the daughter

The accused has also acknowledged that she doted on her son more than her daughter because she felt her son was more obedient while her daughter was naughty. Hence,everytime when the deceased is naughty,she would carry out body punishment on her. The accused has also revealed that she has used her hands,clothe hangers and plastic bastball bats to hit the deceased as a punishment for her. She admitted that she will feel regret after hitting her too harshly and too much. The accused has said that she has became short-tempered and used the punishments on the deceased since 2005. She said that she has hit hard on the deceased's head twice as she was too angry. The accused's husband,Mr Lo has frequently advised his wife to be patient to teach the children.

The accused has further admitted hitting on the deceased five days before she died. The deceased has knocked her head on the hand washing basin while avoiding being hit. During the day of the incident,the deceased became unconscious and sleepy just suddenly while eating bread. The mother have held the deceased's head by pulling on her hair and shook her head to make her awake. While shaking the deceased to awake her,the deceased's head had hit on a metal cabinet,the deceased has showed expression of pain and blood soon flowed from her mouth. Frightened,the accused called the police and ambulance.

The incident of child abuse was then uncovered by the police.

After the incident,the police have went to the nursery school which the decease was studying. The teachers and school principal have expressed frequently seeing the hairs on the head of the deceased few and scattered,it also looked sparse compared to other normal children. The school have also expressed that it was often that the deceased came to school with injuries all over her body,after a few times of home visit,the accused explained to the school that the deceased's injury was being caused by falling onto the floor from the bed,hitting on the lamp post while walking on the street,and the brother pulled her hair while fighting for toys.

The school have informed the police during October of 2006,although the accused was arrested but she was not being charged into court. The police have requested the court to award a personal protection order for the girl and have also informed Welfare agencies to pay home visits often. The welfare agency staffs have closed the case and stopped paying home visits after April 2007 as the accused has been showing good performance. However when the deceased died,the personal protection order has yet to expire. After the incident,the custody of the accused's son has been stripped off from her,the son is now being placed in Bo Leung Kuk welfare centre.

After interview with the deceased's brother,it seemed that he was not being mistreated at all.

Court Case Code : HCCC 94/2008

Edited by Edward

This is despicable. I'm really at a loss for words. How can a mother treat her daughter this way? Didn't the son do anything to help his sister? What about the father? I hope she gets the right punishment for what she did to the poor child. No matter how much you favor one child, abusing and causing the death of the other child is really unforgivable. Not putting pictures of the daughter and only of the son is already bad, but abusing her because the mother believes she's "naughtier" than the son is terrible. The girl must have felt really neglected.

Edited by FreshKid
8 Points Awarded. Thanks for the resposne!

Chinese culture people are like this they always prefere boys over girls. But as a mother she should have treat both child equally.

And when she said that her daughter was naughty that she needed to punish her she shouldn't have used clothe hangers and bastball bats to hit her which caused injury and death. And the reason the little was being naughty was maybe she wanted it some attention from her mother and wants to be treated the same way is her brother. It's kinda of sad how shes been treating so bad compared to her brother ;_;

I really feel sorry for this little girl suffering all those years under her mothers abuse.

R.I.P now

Edited by FreshKid
8 Points Awarded. Thanks for the response!

Wow, she is so unfair to her daughter, but that was how chinese people were back then.

I can't believe she continuely beat her daughter time after time. wouldn't the hospital suspect something if she keeps getting sent to the hospital?

She should get a Big punishment for what she have done. I am surpirsed the father didn't say anything about it.

Edited by FreshKid

Chinese parents never treat their kids equally, they are always in favour of boys over girls. To be constantly beaten by a close relative is painful on the outside and inside for the daughter. It was a matter of time the bubble was burst and the daughter ignite her fury on the mother to cause this tragedy.

Edited by FreshKid
5 Points AWarded. Thanks for the response!

This is such a horrible case.. A mother who does such things to their children, whether it is their son or their daughter. I think that a lot of parents still favor a boy over a girl but she shouldn't give all her attention to only her son. Abusing her daughter because she's angry and stuff -_-... The daughter should bad been detained from the mother, in fact, both children should be taken away from her, punish her and disallow her from having children to care for. This is one despicable mother. The husband should had done something to stop her from abusing their children, does the husband even care about his own children? What kind of family is this?

Edited by FreshKid

The mother is worst than an animal

If the welfare department follow-up closely on the matter,

and take away the children from the mom, she wont have die

This is ridiculous. Both came from her womb together. How could she mistreat one all while showering the other with love. I wonder if it had ever occurred to her that her daughter was rebelling because of her oppression...her tyranny. Welfare could have done a better job. Here was a preventable death, and they screwed up. Big time. But what bothers me is that the father was so unconcerned. So, he may have asked her to be more patient, but he couldn't have stopped it all together? He must have shared some hatred with his wife if he didn't defend his own daughter.

I would have thought that to be able to bare twins to this world was very lucky. (Lung fong toi?) Many people would be very happy to be able to have such luck. But I guess this woman doesn't know that she was lucky. It's understandable that she favors the boy over the girl because it is in the Chinese culture and it is almost a tradition. However, to beat the girl to death is just going overboard. And to beat the girl on the HEAD -- the woman must have been stupid or ... well, she's just stupid. You never ever ever hit someone on the head. Honestly, from how this woman disciplines the girl, I'm not even sure the woman wanted to punish the girl. I think the woman just wants the girl dead. Most people who punish their children usually hit them on the legs or on the butt, but never the head because the head will cause a very very very huge injury.

But as many people pointed out. What about the brother? Or the father? Or are they both too scared of the woman to say anything when she beats the little girl? Does anyone like the little girl? If they don't, they don't need to beat her. They could just give her away. I hope the woman gets what she deserves. How can she even try to make up stories on the bruises her daughter gets?! That's just irresponsible and she's setting a bad example for everyone around her.She doesn't even know how to cherish the things around her. She takes everything for granted and she's regretting now? It's a little too late. If she didn't regret before, she wouldn't regret it now.

RIP little girl. Hopefully when you reborn, you will be reborn into a family that will love you.

I think it's horrible how the social work didn't take more action to avoid the death. They knew the child was being abused... yet they closed her file. They should have at least kept track of her, even if it means it's going to be less often.

And I am wondering if the mother is the only one abusing the child. Even though she admitted to doing all the abuse. Could she be covering for her son and husband? Afterall, I am sure the husband could have stopped his wife. He doesn't have to be a genius to know that a hit on the head CAN'T be good. =S But what's done can't be changed.

RIP little girl

This is horrible. How can such mother conduct such actions to the little girl, causing death. It is true to some point that Chinese people do favour boys over girls. But this is the past now, it is the future now, shouldn't children nowadays get the same treatment from their parents. It is very unfortunate for the little girl to be born in such a family whom treats her so badly. I can't believe that such a mother would do such a thing. That is just unforgivable. Why doesn't the father and the son do something to stop the mother from hitting the daughter. They should have done something to prevent the injuries from forming. Even if the little girl was naughty, they could've just teach her that what she did was wrong, the mother should not have used violence and abusive behaviour against her. I hope the mother is regretful of what she has done, but it seems to me that she doesn't seem to think that what she did was wrong. If the little girl was still alive, the mother would still have abused her, so I really do hope that she does rest in peace.

I cant believe that favourtism of male over female still exists now!

I am not gonna criticise the mother, which alot of people already did and will do.

I am just worried about the brother, he watched his mother hitting his twin sister daily, he must be mentally destroyed and little as he is he cant really help! Then he lost his twin sister, and now they have taken him away from his family. I do hope he is getting enough counselling, otherwise there will be a lot of consequences when he is older.

Edited by FreshKid
8 Points Awarded. Thanks for the resposne!

Reading this post really makes my blood boils! I hope the mother get a decent jail punishment & change for better, afterall she's left with her son only & vice versa...

Edited by FreshKid
5 Points Awarded. Thanks for the resposne!

wat a horrible mom. u gave birth too both of them u should love them both the same. what century it is now? the historical ages of the chinese emporers?? no its the 21st century. u dont treat the son better than the daughter. what a old fashion thought. i hope she learned her lesson to be a better mom in jail. if not then she should b in jail for the rest of her life. how can u not even have one measly pic of her daughter? although she is dead now she was alive then. she was a living breathing emotional person. this girl must've suffered many more mentally other than physically.

Edited by FreshKid

I am truly speechless. What kind of despicable mother treats her own child like that? Is she plain mad or just completely insane?! One thing is to favour one child over the other but to brutally kill your very own daughter like that is just... I am so shocked, I can't even find a word that describes it. "Her daughter was more naughty"?! - Oh right, so that makes it alright to abuse her like that. The poor girl is in nursing school, which means she can't be very old, she must really have suffered a lot in her short life. - All due to her sick mother.

A loony like this woman should try to get abused like she did with her daughter - perhaps that would make her realise what kind of sick monster she's been. - I sincerely hope she rots in hell!

People like these should not be allowed to give birth to children. Her husband told her to be more patient with teaching kids? - What so he just stood there and let it happen, what kind of weak man is he? If he couldn't see how wrong his sick wife was, then he must either be blind or just plain crazy too.

I despise the fact that this world still favours boys over girls, we're in the 21th century for Christ's sake! - When will people start treating each other as equals?

Edited by FreshKid
9 Points Awarded. Thanks for the response!

omg.. this is really horrible n terrible.. how can a mother treat her own child like tat... in the new century there r no longer those traditional culture of preferring son over daughter.. she is worse than animal to me.. even B*$(%es will take good care of the puppies.. she is worse than B*$(%!!!!!!... feel bad for the little girl.. it is so rare to have a twins of boy n girl.. i bet the boy will grow up with a sense of guilty in his heart.. he is unable to protect the sis who wwas born together with him.. n by the way.. they didnt really mention bout the father.. just tat he advised her not to hit her too much?? why not stopping her!!.. D*mn....

Edited by FreshKid
8 Points AWarded. THanks for the response!

I don't understand how parents can abuse their children. And it's especially irritating that there are still people out there that are so traditional and believe that boys are better than girls. It doesn't matter what sex they are, they are your children. I don't see how she can be so heartless to be able to abuse her daughter THAT much, to the point that she has killed her. Even after her daughter became unconscious, she tries to wake her up but in an abusive way..even hitting her head against a metal cabinet. Her daughter being "naughty" does not give her the excuse of treating her any different and even hitting her. That shows what kind of parent she is and what kind of parent the father is as well. How is he able to just sit there and watch his own daughter get abused like that. Yes, he had advised her to be more patient. But that's all talk, he should not have let her continue. He should have gotten help. It's just like what they say about bullies. The bystanders are just as bad, and that's what her father was like. He stood there and watched his wife kill his daughter.

Also, it seems as if the agency was of no help either. They basically waited for the problem to happen and then just took the son away. What does that do? the girl is dead. Why did they not take the girl away from the family in the first place? It obviously was not a safe place for her. It's not good enough to just go there for visits as it could all be an act.

I guess the little girl is better not being alive..or she would have continued to suffer.

Edited by FreshKid
12 Points Awarded. Thanks for the response!

the girl didn`t do anything to hurt the mom . why did she have to abuse her? the mom deserves to die .

Edited by FreshKid
5 Points Awarded. Thanks for the response!

This is horrible, they are twins, and they should have been brought up in the same way and been given the same chances. Although the mother says that the boy was more obedient and the girl was more naughty, I have to wonder if the comments given by the other posters here have a ring of truth to it, that some people are still bounded by the old tradition that they have to, and want to love their son more than their daughters. My friend's aunt (who is in a rural village in china) is still like that, often telling the daughter that she has to give everything to her little brother, and only if her little brother doesn't want it, then can she share it (ie. Candy etc.)

Edited by kingkongit27
10 points awarded ! thanks for your GOOD reply at local hong kong news section!

This is just sad, wut the heck is wrong with the parents. The protection agency should have kept a closer watch then this would not have happened. Parents should know that beating their is no way to solve anything and that having a child is a huge responsibility. People should never have kids if they can't handle them. Patience is the key to parenting.

"The accused has said that she has became short-tempered and used the punishments on the deceased since 2005. She said that she has hit hard on the deceased's head twice as she was too angry. "

Obviously, this mother has low EQ. The mother doesn't even know how to regulate her own emotional problem, how can she take care of the kids? If she can't even understand that kids are blank slates, and they only become "good" with appropriate and good parenting skills, how can she raises the kids?

And the welfare agency, did they even do a thorough job at monitoring her??? Did they send her to a parenting course? therapist?

That's a lot of "discipline" mom did, I mean if pulling hair is disciplining a child what does she consider kicking? a normal reflex?