Mixed-Blood rich girl fell from cliff and died while walking her dog

51 posts in this topic

Source : Oriental Daily,Associated Press

Translated By Edward @ asianuniverse

50520374tt7.jpg

(Girl fell 30 metres,died instantly)

Mixed-Blood rich girl fell from cliff and died while walking her dog

09/08/2008

A mixed-blood girl,from a rich family has fell from a cliff at Waterfall Bay Road in Aberdeen.The girl fell while walking her dog yesterday morning. She was suspected slipping down the waterfall cliff because it was slippery due to the heavy rain in the midnight. The girl had died a horrible death,from falling down from a 30 metre height. Her dog,was fortunate to survive the accident.

56961559mj8.jpg

(Death was too sudden.. especially in such accidents)

The deceased was named Victoria (Aged 20),she was a half-breed with a British Father and Chinese Mother. Victoria has grown up in Hong Kong,used to study in Kowloon British School and have further her education in Great Britain after she completed her secondary education. She have returned back to Hong Kong just recently after she finished her study in Great Britain and was currently staying with her family at Baguio Villa,in the West District of Hong Kong.

20153753nv8.jpg

Information from the scenes revealed that Victoria was wearing casual attires of a white T-Shirt and a mini jeans while she was walking her expensive Husky at Waterfall Bay Road in Aberdeen. She had met with an accident at a cliff while passing CyberPort Road. She had tripped herself because of slippery pavements and fell down the cliff. She died instantly after the fall,Victoria's parents felt very sudden and distressed after they have learnt the death of their daughter.

Victoria's body was found at about 11AM in the morning yesterday. A passerby was present at the beach below the cliff and have found the deceased's body lying motionless on the ground,near the waves. He was shocked and have called the police.

The deceased's dog was found alive on top of the cliff,it was groaning at the deceased below when it was found,as if it had already know what has happened to his master.

Public Response

After the accident,there were many discussions in the public,questioning the authorities why wasn't a fence at the site,to prevent people from getting near such dangerous cliffs.

Edited by Edward

Tragic to see such a young woman died, especially for her education. Hope she will rest in peace and for the dog, I hope she/he will not forget the owner.

Edited by FreshKid
5 Points Awarded. Thanks for the response!

does half breed mean she is mixed race??

its so sad...they should have special dog walking parks which is not near rocky areas for dog owners...so it will be less dangerous...

Edited by FreshKid
5 Points Awarded. Thanks for the response!

I happened to know the girl. What happened is very very sad. I am not sure how ethical it is to publish pictures of her corpse on a website. I am also not sure about referring to her mixed origins with the term 'breed' which is generally only for dogs. Vicky loved her dogs, Hong Kong and missed her family when she was in London. Her death was sudden and tragic, nobody expected it.

that's very tragic new article I feel sad for the family loosing their daughter.

I think the HK public safely/ police should look into putting a fence around that road, and any other place that might be considered dangerous

That's so sad. :[

I don't understand the significance of mentioning that she was "mixed-blood" and "rich." Does that really make such a difference? (And "half-breed" sounds pretty degrading.)

Mixed blood - sounds like something out of harry potter. And what's mixed breed??!! The local authorities need to sort this out - a fence or at least a warning would be good. This is a tragic story and the authorities have the responsibility to sort this out before it claims another victim.

Any possibility that the husky’s tail swing/smacked her to loose balance and slipped??

very tragic story. Is something that's avoidable but we will never know. I hope something good will come from this, I feel so sad for the family. She was just starting her life, nothing is as important as ones life.

I feel so bad for the family of this poor woman. It's so unfortunate that the authorities didn't think that it was important to fence off a place with slippery rocks and a waterfall until someone lost their life. I hope that the family can find some peace despite this tragic event.

i guess someone know what the next min will bring us, we just hv to enjoy the moment now

man that is sad, i guess tragic death can happen any time, you never know whats coming for ya

lmao why would anybody walk their dog near a waterfall? -3-

ii guess bad luck >__<

LOL @ Freshkid.. couldnt have said that better myself.. I had the exact same thoughts! LOL xD

that's sad.. but what was she thinking? walking a dog near a cliff?

but I do agree with "the public".. a fence or something is necessary..

I'm glad the dog is okay.. but he must have became a really sad dog.. =(

This girl was my best friend and incredibly smart - she wasnt stupid and it was the only time she ever visited the top. there is good reason for this as we walked our dogs at the bottom of the waterfall every day which we would drive to at wah fu in MY car. vicky could not drive and the top of the waterfall is always visited (still to today) by many of the old folk and young people living in the wah fu / cyberport area. If everybody does it why would she think there is a risk? In any case the walk to the bottom from baguio villas is too far so this is why i gather she went to the top instead.

there was a gate at the top but was always left open (i still don't understand why), only after she died did the governement close it but is still small enough so that people climb over. There is a path that leads to the top of that waterfall made by the workers that sit around that area. Before you call my dead best friend stupid think about the fact that you probably havent even been there and don't even know the frequency to which people go there.

Her family (she only has her mother who is left without anyone now) struggles to cope. And her dogs, im sure, are saddened by the loss of their master.

There is still no report back from the coroner but we hope that they are only taking their sweet ass time due to the fact that it may go to the coroners court in which case someone can be held accountable for why that gate was open in the first place.

Before cyberport was built around 2002, that area was an indigenous village and the waterfall was not accessible to the public. Richard li's conglomerate have enough money to secure that area but did not. Its now caused the biggest tragedy in many of our lives.

As for calling her mixed-breed, that is a term better suited for describing a dog and not my best friend. And vicky was not rich her family struggled with finances since the death of her father when she was very young. Shame the newspaper cant get even the simplest of facts straight such as her attending the "british school" in kowloon. Shame on you dung fong and apple daily - this article and these pictures have troubled me and many others ever since they were released on the 9th. I hope they take more care in the future when recounting tragedies such as this.

I agree with the publishing of her corpse. It is outrageous and disgusting that the media can't even give the simplest respect at all. My deepest sympathy to her mother and everyone who knew her. May she rest in peace.

Such unfortunate and tragic news. Condolences to her family and friends

awww its sad, incidents like that happens and people die, sigh ...why would she walk her dog in those places first of all knowing there was a heavy rain ...kinda stupid not be mean tho.

I hope her family will heal from this. She had a bright future ahead of her. I don't get what the mixed blood and rich has to do with this story.

damn, so sad... makes you wanna enjoy every second of life.

people only learn after something happen.....just like 911...

Wow... I can't imagine surviving a 30 feet fall down such a jagged path. That's a sudden and tragic death and I feel bad for her family. :/ However I'm surprised she was walking her dog in such a place. That hardly sounds like a delightful place for a walk.

The authorities should definitely rope off that area until a fence is built. I'm surprised it wasn't there before else it wouldn't have led to this unexpected accident.

feel sorry for her family.

people should choose a smother path for walking dogs.