Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest kingkongit27

Security Guards ordered by Bhutan's King anyone found entering prohibited areas will be beheaded

6 posts in this topic

Source: Mingpao

Translated by: kingkongit @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Security Guards ordered by Bhutan's King anyone found entering prohibited area will be beheaded

_22GB002_.jpg

During Tony Leung and Carina Lau's wedding being held, strict security had been increased. Along the road leading to the hotel stood more than 100 security guards. Reporters were strictly prohibited in doing interviews, a reporter even claimed that they heard one of the security guards say that Bhutan's king had commanded that if reporters are found entering the wedding venue, not only will they remove their cameras but also will impose to behead them. The atmosphere was very tense.

The couple's wedding was held at Bhutan's Uma Paro Hotel and located in the mountains. Guests would need to travel along a mountain road in order to enter the hotel. The hotel security blocked the road several days ago and had been guarding the area. All reporters vehicles were stopped by the security, and were not allowed to go beyond. It was very difficult for the reporters to get a glimpse. Yesterday while the wedding was being held, the security guards were increased and extended protection to the foot of the mountain. It was estimated that the total of security guards was more than 100. 5 Hong Kong reporters attempted to climb mountain's to shoot the footage. But were quickly caught and removed from the area.

A reporter stated that a Security guard confiscated his camera

One of the reporters who was caught shooting footage said he was carried away by 2 of the security guards. During the time there was alot of chaos and he was pushed. The camera film was removed and the camera was confiscated and he felt very angry. This is the wedding of the century, not only did it attract a large number of Hong Kong paparazzi' s who went to Bhutan to interview them. But also the local media were also very interested. A local female reporter and an camera man arrived at the scene yesterday, but after finding out that they were not allowed to shoot anything they left.

The Bhutan King arranged tight security, Security guards did not dare to neglect protecting the area

A Security guard said that the tight security was arranged by the Bhutan King and was a strict order requirement. The security guards didn't dare to neglect protecting the areas. They did their best to protect the guests that arrived at the couple's wedding.

Edited by kingkongit27

wow the security at the wedding is probably one of the best celebrity wedding. Ususally reporters sneak past or find someway to get photos.

I think its because of the beheaded consequence that frighted people.

Uhh I'm thinking the beheading threat was just a rumour. At least I hope it was, or a bluff to make them do their jobs as best they could :mellow: That's really scary. And, reporters are so nosy. Would it kill them to wait for official photos? Weddings should only be open to invited guests =)

in my view The King Of Bhutan was over excited regarding the wedding function.

I think The King Of Bhutan was over doing it a bit, what a harsh punishment to behead someone for trespassing.

that is really some shocking and really strict indeed.scary