Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest dingding

A Love to Kill - 這該死的愛情 [2005]

53 posts in this topic

altkil.gif

(From www.silentregrets.com)

Synopsis: Determined to spend the rest of his life with Han Da-jung to pay her for saving his life, Bok-ku one day falls in love with Cha Eun-suk, a top actress and the ex-girlfriend of his older brother. Bok-ku becomes her bodyguard to avenge his brother, who falls off a building while watching Eun-suk announce her engagement with another guy on TV and ends up in a vegetative state. But, ironically, Bok-ku ends up falling in love with Eun-suk against his wish.

Eun-suk is engaged -- against her will -- with Kim Jun-sung, the scion of a family-owned conglomerate that she advertises. Jun-sung aspires to become a politician someday, but he is also the future successor of the Hankuk Group, a company with an impeccable reputation. Eun-suk and Jun-sung are forced to get engaged after they are caught being together one day.

I've just watched ep 1 & 2 of this series. I must say that I am impressed! It's very refreshing and different from the other of Rain's series Full House where it was a comedy. This series is very dark, kinda reminds me of Zai Zai's Mars TW series :)

I was shocked to see Rain's face having cuts and bruises from the fights. But he's still HOT and totally adorable even though he's this tough & cool guy character.

At the end of ep 1 and at the begining of ep 2, I was a bit confused with the series's sequence. The part with Mingu and Bokgu at the balcony was the cliffhanger ending for ep 1. But then ep 2 starts at another timeline slightly earlier in the day BEFORE the ending for ep 1. I thought that it was pretty creative of the production team to have something like that for a series.

I'm nearing the ending ( ep 15 ) of this series. Whew. What a roller-coaster of emotions through-out. I think I have cried at almost every episodes, this is a really tear-jerker kinda drama. Of course, Rain's portrayal of Kang Bok-Gu is just entirely so believable. I've read news that for his character he had jumped rope 2000 times and went on a diet to lose 7kg! It was well worth it, and I could really see a significant improvement on his range of emotions as compared to his earlier series full house. Rain really proves that he can be a serious actor and not just another singer-actor. The only thing about this series is, I hate the fact that they made a a really sad ending. Why can't they be together if that's what Min Goo wants? I'm really baffled at why these love birds wants to punish themselves so much?? Of course, its for the sake of getting the viewers to pour out the tears... heh heh...

I'm totally craving for MORE of Rain's series, as opposed to his movie. I think he did much better in series compared to the big screen. I wonder if he has any works in the pipeline? I have not heard of anything. I just hope that he isn't too disappointed with his movie to stop making series.

Edited by dingding

This series is so awesome! The ending was a bit confusing though, didn't really get it =\

I though the story was sooooo interesting......to tell you the truth.....I really Loved the first half.....but i dunno.....well.....i know the second half was unavoidable....but i didn't want to see it.....i felt that it was ruin my image of the whole story.....lol....i'm wierd.....therefore.....I decided to not finish it....and left it where i wanted it to end....lol.....

otherwise i loved it.....even though i'm not a big Bi fan....he did pretty well....

I'm surprised that this topic doesn't have more comments. A Love to Kill was my first korean drama and I have to admit that part of my reason for watching it was because Rain/Bi stars in it. I thought the drama to be very emotional and heavily laced with guilt, vengeance, and forbidden love. I definately recommend this series, but if you're not too keen on watching several episodes repeating and emphasizing already established scenes and if you're only looking for something light-hearted, I'd suggest looking elsewhere. A Love to Kill, in my opinion, is a very strong bittersweet romance story, so watch it =] It might even make you tear.

i watched this series because rain was in it..but i really didn't like the plot to it, and plus i found it too draggy so i didn't even up watching the whole series and stopped half way..but i would say he did change his image which was a refreshing look for the audience.

i love rain in this, he's sooo kool as this mysterious psycho bodyguard person :D but the whole brother thingy and getting revenge confused the Heck out of me. to be honest my fav part of this drama was the OST :D

the dramas with Bi in it are always so good.

i really liked the first 3/4 of this drama, but it got a bit boring towards the end because there was no more 'drama-action' going on. i feel like watching it over again though..

anyone know any other dramas like this one?

i didn't really like rain at first...but my friend told me that this drama is REALLY good! so i decided 2 give it a try....and surprisingly..it actually is REALLLLLLLLLLY good!!! especially the first half of the drama....then it started to get draggy again..however...rain's pretty hot in it akakakak!!!

really interesting story!! different from other roles that rain have played...he's really good at acting!! RAIN'S DA BEST!!

i heard this series was really good. but the episodes are too long, as in it takes too long for the plot to develope. i'm still on episode 4! T_T

The series is good...Worth a watch if haven't seen before. But umm...the ending is really disappointing. Anyway maybe it should end this way...I guessed!

very confusing since the beginning....

I have stopped watching it as it was very boring & lagged

I started watching because it had Rain in it too. Watched Full House, where he was just adorable.

I just started watching though, I must say Rain looked different in the beginning with bruises and cuts.

Looks hotter when he became the bodyguard.

this drama imo is much better than full house, only if you're into the violent guy meets nice girl and falls in love kind of drama. gets kind of weird at the end tho.

i'm not going to ruining it for those that haven't watched the whole series, but im going to say that i liked most of the series except for the ending.

i love this

from the begining when the hero was a k1 kick boxer and when he was a body guard

but it kinda was a drag when its was at the end

Too bad that I didn't watch this drama until the last episode. I stopp at episode 9 and didn't have the chance to see the rest of the episodes :(

i liked rain in "full house" and "let's go to school sang-doo!" but not so much in "a love to kill." the plot seemed really boring and predictable.

It was really interesting to watch Bi act as this bum in the beginning...it was a little....unsettling? because he played the part so well, haha. Shin Min Ah is also a really great actress. She's very pretty :)

Rain's hair was a disaster. Couldn't get past it. Shame, since I loved him in Sang Doo and Full House...

I also watched because Rain was in it... but i liked it... he plays a very different character... and sometimes dressed really cute... ^^ But the storyline was a bit too dramatic... but i liked that there was a bit of action in it cause usually u dont see that much in korean dramas and i really liked Lee Ki Woo he's my NR. 1 Korean cutie...