Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
silverbear

[ENG] The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - 盜墓迷城3 [2008]

129 posts in this topic

Another Hollywood movie with many Chinese casts.

200px-Dragon_emperor_ver4.jpg

Title: The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Released: 24 July 2008 (HK/SG) / 1 August 2008 (USA)

Genre:Action | Adventure | Fantasy | Thriller

Director: Rob Cohen

Casts:

Jet Li

Brendan Fraser

Maria Bello

Michelle Yeoh

Isabella Leong

Luke Ford

Russell Wong

Anthony Wong

Albert Kwan

Liang Tian

Synopsis:

The blockbuster global "Mummy" franchise takes a spellbinding turn as the action shifts to Asia for the next chapter in the adventure series, "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor." Brendan Fraser returns as explorer Rick O'Connell to combat the resurrected Han Emperor (Jet Li) in an epic that races from the catacombs of ancient China high into the frigid Himalayas. Rick is joined in this all-new adventure by son Alex (newcomer Luke Ford), wife Evelyn (Maria Bello) and her brother, Jonathan (John Hannah). And this time, the O'Connells must stop a mummy awoken from a 2,000-year-old curse who threatens to plunge the world into his merciless, unending service.

Doomed by a double-crossing sorceress (Michelle Yeoh) to spend eternity in suspended animation, China's ruthless Dragon Emperor and his 10,000 warriors have laid forgotten for eons, entombed in clay as a vast, silent terra cotta army. But when dashing adventurer Alex O'Connell is tricked into awakening the ruler from eternal slumber, the reckless young archaeologist must seek the help of the only people who know more than he does about taking down the undead: his parents.

As the monarch roars back to life, our heroes find his quest for world domination has only intensified over the millennia. Striding the Far East with unimaginable supernatural powers, the Emperor Mummy will rouse his legion as an unstoppable, otherworldly force...unless the O'Connells can stop him first.

Trailer:

+credits to imdb+

I'm very disappoint by this movie. They can make it great if the plot was better and if they focalized more with Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh. More comedy will be also good.

This movie is not credible at all !

Edited by huynh21

I have found one odditity in the entire movie... isn't Brenden Fraiser supposed to be almost 20 years older? He doesn't seem like it all in the movie... he seems like he hasn't aged a day in the movie.

i didne liek the movie, it wasnt that interesting. The only reason i watched it is because jet li was in it. lol

i didnt like it much....i thought the first and second ones were so much better....

shocking movie. i felt bad for isabella. her acting looked so wooden.

I watched this movie...

it's pretty good.

they make jet li almost unbeatable =)

i recommand ppl to watch it

Jet li with his usual american performance role of the silent heavy. (which is his best role)

Michelle yeoh tho older, was great as always.

the movie was ok as the script wasnt exactly Hmalet and brendan frasiers overacting grew tiresome.

great cast great story but the movie isnt good The worst movie from the 3 mummy's

Crap movie... Jet Li really needs to get back to his HK classic movies... hollywood cant use him properly!

5-10 rating - wait for it when it comes out on dvd... dont waste your money watching it at the cinema

hope this is good! i read from a few articles that isabella was praised by many for her english skills. hmmm dunno how accurate tat is though...

Can't really say that it was brilliant. Expected to see more from Jet Li, think the mummy in the other films had more screen time than him. Same sort of storyline as the other mummy movies. Cant believe they are gonna do a Mummy 4 as well. Guess it done good at the box office.

i have seen all of the mummy episode, they are very nice, but i love the second episode better......

Another Jet Li movies, I can not wait to watch. The movies look great.

i don't know

i didn't like it at all i think the other 2 parts was much better

This movie fighting scene is really cool and it is worth to watch.

I think the first two were better... though im not saying this one is bad.... It's good but the first two were better/

i can't say this one isn't good. it's an ok action film when you watch it without expectations but if you compare it to the previous ones, it's story is not as strong.

I thought it was ok but no where near as good as the first two.

It is an ok movie - full of action. Not a serious movie and therefore view as such. Nice to see both Michelle and Jet.

this movie is very good..

i pretty like the effects and the storyline..