Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
silverbear

[ENG] The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - 盜墓迷城3 [2008]

129 posts in this topic

Another Hollywood movie with many Chinese casts.

200px-Dragon_emperor_ver4.jpg

Title: The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Released: 24 July 2008 (HK/SG) / 1 August 2008 (USA)

Genre:Action | Adventure | Fantasy | Thriller

Director: Rob Cohen

Casts:

Jet Li

Brendan Fraser

Maria Bello

Michelle Yeoh

Isabella Leong

Luke Ford

Russell Wong

Anthony Wong

Albert Kwan

Liang Tian

Synopsis:

The blockbuster global "Mummy" franchise takes a spellbinding turn as the action shifts to Asia for the next chapter in the adventure series, "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor." Brendan Fraser returns as explorer Rick O'Connell to combat the resurrected Han Emperor (Jet Li) in an epic that races from the catacombs of ancient China high into the frigid Himalayas. Rick is joined in this all-new adventure by son Alex (newcomer Luke Ford), wife Evelyn (Maria Bello) and her brother, Jonathan (John Hannah). And this time, the O'Connells must stop a mummy awoken from a 2,000-year-old curse who threatens to plunge the world into his merciless, unending service.

Doomed by a double-crossing sorceress (Michelle Yeoh) to spend eternity in suspended animation, China's ruthless Dragon Emperor and his 10,000 warriors have laid forgotten for eons, entombed in clay as a vast, silent terra cotta army. But when dashing adventurer Alex O'Connell is tricked into awakening the ruler from eternal slumber, the reckless young archaeologist must seek the help of the only people who know more than he does about taking down the undead: his parents.

As the monarch roars back to life, our heroes find his quest for world domination has only intensified over the millennia. Striding the Far East with unimaginable supernatural powers, the Emperor Mummy will rouse his legion as an unstoppable, otherworldly force...unless the O'Connells can stop him first.

Trailer:

+credits to imdb+

Good movie, could have been better, but made it a hit because of the Jet Li...

You guys sure are positive about this movie. I thought it was really bad. Bad acting, bad script, bad camera work. Most of the movie didn't make sense, lots of errors. Gosh I didn't even have any expectations!

Can't wait to watch this.. Jet Li has been in quite a lot of recent movies.. and I'm enjoyin it :D

I wonder if this is better then The Forbidden Kingdom

adding jet li into the line up is rather a spin off to the series triolgy must be a good show losts of fighting it in, the last 2 were good and had humor prob the same again!

You guys sure are positive about this movie. I thought it was really bad. Bad acting, bad script, bad camera work. Most of the movie didn't make sense, lots of errors. Gosh I didn't even have any expectations!

Mind listing the errors? Don't know about the acting, camerawork and script, cuz that's everyone's own opinion. But I don't get how it didn't make sense. Made absolute sense to me.

It was a pretty good movie, IMO. Of course, I still prefer the old 2, especially cuz I prefer the old wife a lot more. Seriously sucks that the old Evelyn couldn't appear here >.< But I loved seeing Isabella in this movie! Along with Jet Li, Anthony Wong and all the appearances made by our fellow Chinese Entertainment stars. So glad that some of them are starring in Hollywood movies!! : )

I loved Brendan Fraser as usual, and there was some humour in the movie too. ^^ The chinese stars that made appearances actually had pretty good and understandable english (good enough for chinese at least).

So yeah, I liked the movie. : )

I saw this movie. It is no surprise. Same storyline as 2 mummy before. Maybe, China is hot now, so they choose chinese mummy. good to see

Another action film. Many action. The show wasn't too bad

this movie was ok for me and wat i really dont get is how the girl and the guy falls in love afterwards its too random like in the forbidden kingdom

this one is good too...it's action packed like always and michelle yeoh looked sooo pretty in there!

This movie seems quite good when I saw the previews, and with Jet Li in it too, but like Forbidden Kingdom, chinese movies made by Hollywood just isn't as good.

you actually think this movie is good?

i thought i was really bad... i dont even understand it.... it's such a bad storyline.

this movie is great. better than the last two series

thought it was an entertaining movie. If you have free time check out or wait for the rental.

I so keen to watch this movie. I hopeing that Jet Li finally appears in a "good" hollywood movie. The special effects on this one should be excellent just like the previous 2 movies.

thanks fot sharing,I want to see this movie. thank you so much

i didn't like this movie i think the first and second one was way better then the third one and i assume that the forth one goign to come out scien at the end of the movie it say few months later they found zombie in some place else

i was so excited and hoping to watch this movie but then i totally think it's not worth watching at all.

i expected it to be good but i guess it didn't turn out the way i thought it would be.

yes great Asian casts (Michelle Yeoh, Jet Li...) but oh my..bits and pieces of the movie are just weird o.O

and Isabella..sigh..average acting and language.at least her English accent is proper.way better than what i expected to hear from her.

i would rate it a 2.5 star movie.

OmG, the movie is really bad bad bad bad. Not worth watching. I really waste my money to watch this sequel but It really is the worse "The Mummy" ever.

and really I don't understand how the director of this movie think. at the last moment the dragon is like that? ha ha if I could I would LOL at the theatre :)

ok saw it , don't really like it :D , still the first or the second mummy is better.