Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
louis87

What type of series do you prefer?

899 posts in this topic

i'm sure most people out there are the fans of tvb series but which one do you really prefer. What i mean is the types of tvb series. Whether is modern series or the ancient series.

What kind of series do you favor?

I like modern series the best because i can relate to the events that occur. Also it seems a bit more believable in a way.

So Ancient, Modern, or Post-Modern, and why?

Topics merged.

Topic question edited to make clearer.

Rosy business, Burnin flames II and EU rox. love them lots. they shud come out with more series like this

I love all series with good grounds whether it's ancient or modern.

I prefer modern esp comedy with funny dialogue. These are very easy to watch and relaxing. The other category is the professional series, like doctors, lawyers,etc

in recent years, TVB only produced 3 to 4 good dramas out of 10 compared to previous decade where at least 6 out of 10 dramas are good

i like both modern and ancient ,ancient one i like because of the costume with lots of scenery, but now most of the ancient series don't have much .for modern one i like more of the forensic stuff, its really intersting to see how they find the evidence

and find the killer ,as long as the story line make sense than thats the main thing.

I like ancient wuxia series - love the costume and the action.

I prefer the ancient series as the plot is usually more detailed and meaningful. The costumes and background scenes are more detailed.

the story of born rich is unbelieveable. it is the same ending of the btrc.whatever people did wrong, they just blame on memory lost. that is not a acceptable result.

I like both ancient and modern but i think i'm more interest in the plot of the story than ancient or modern series!

What kind of series do you favor?

I like modern series the best because i can relate to the events that occur. Also it seems a bit more believable in a way.

So Ancient, Modern, or Post-Modern, and why?

Edited by Ephemeral

I favor ancient series because I love history, special effects, martial arts, and kungfu scenes.

i like modern series because it relates to us more and the language

i love watching ancient series more, but i love watching modern comedies too as long as it is funny.

My favor is modern. I will sometimes watch ancient if there is good response.

well i like ancient series more , i like the clothes that they wear in the old series that i watch ,not the recent ancient series it like they don't change the clothes much one set of clothes though out the series.the story not as interesting than before ,well what can we do .like the old series of ( THE NEW ADVENTURE OF CHOR LAU HEUNG )the female artist changes clothes more often plus their clothes looked more interesting.

i love modern. but theres isnt much to talk about. the only good modern tvb are crime related

but i love the clothes in the ancient one

My favor is modern because I like the clothes they wear and the story they act is close to the real life .

I prefer modern especially modern family type series. This is because I can relate to this better. On top of this, with my elementary Cantonese, I can understand it better. Ancient series especially those with fantastic imperial costumes are fine but a bit harder to understand.

ancient - they have pretty and majestic clothes. especially the grand imperial palace series

I can't really get into ancient series.. lol there are so many of them and they all seem alike

Women who dress in modern clothes look less beautiful than women who wear ancient costumes. Ancient series have the breath-taking landscape of China while modern dramas have the cosmopolitan outlook of urban city life.