Yang Pei Ting

Liu Jung Chia

Lee Shiau Shiang

Yan Ya Lun

Yvonne Yao

Hong Jiao Nang

Kitamura Toyoharu

Synopsis:

Rising Taiwanese idols Joe Cheng (The Rose) and Ariel Lin (Love Contract) jointly present the romantic drama It Started with a Kiss! Like many other popular romantic TV series, this TV adaptation of a Japanese manga was very well received in Taiwan when it was broadcast in 2005. The story starts with a high-school girl with a crush on her classmate who has an IQ of 200. She confesses her love to him, but that only makes her the laughing stalk at school. It turns out, however, that their parents are actually very good friends and, due to various developments, they end up living under the same roof. What will happen to them? Maybe everything just starts with a kiss!

Trivia:

The series was based on the Japanese shoujo manga "Itazura na kiss" (Mischievous kiss) by Tada Kaoru. The are 23 volumes of the manga. There is no ending for the manga; the series was still running in Margaret when the author passed away at the age of 38 from a brain aneurysm.

Itazura na Kiss (TV Asahi, 1996) is the Japanese adaptation.

The filming of It Started with a Kiss lasted one entire year. Some scenes were filmed in different seasons, which resulted in many goofs.

The director, Qu You Ning, made two cameos in the drama: One as the fat, middle age woman on a bus who accuses Ah Jin was taking advantage of her and another as Zhi Shu's boyfriend in Xiang Qin's imagination.

The sequel is set to air in September 2007 due to the show's high ratings in Taiwan.

+credits to wikipedia+

teehee! It Started With a Kiss is a pretty cute drama x]

Though at first it really reminded me of Devil Beside You, it turned out quite different.

and yeah, Ariel's not as pretty as many actresses but she's great at acting!

Love the OST too! && Jiro Wang (;

just started watching this a couple of days ago and now i'm almost finished, just ten more episodes. not my very first taiwan drama, but the first one i'll finish watching.

I really love that serie! It's so cute to see Ariel and Joe together. Funny and relaxing, it's a really good serie to watch after a week full of exams!!!

loved this series sooo much!!!!! this is one is on my favs list. but it was sort od dragging but sweet. it was soooo sweet. zhi shu wouldn't admit that he liked xiang qin. i felt a little bad for ah jin though. but joe and ariel NEEDED to end up together. i can't wait for the sequel!

This drama is super hillarious and irritating as well. This will be one of my favourite Taiwanese dramas due to the super intellligent, smart, cool and handsome Zhi Shu. I would say the director is very smart to cast Joe as Zhi Shu coz Joe really does have the super smart kind of look and he is so adorable as well. Ariel does a very good job too playing Xiang Qin though at some point she is so irritating coz she keeps disturbing Zhi Shu and how come she is so the opposite of intelligent? It seems to me that she can't do anything good, she can't cook, don't do well in her studies, scare of doggies, can't even hold the racquet properly. Luckily, in the end Zhi Shu fall in love with her. And I can't wait for part 2. That's where we can see their after married life. lol...

for some reason.. i don't really like this drama.. i think that ariel being stupid is soooooo annoying.... but i really liked the ost... hahaha.... jiro was so cute.. heehee

this movie was SO CUTE. i love it! =D there's so many parts i keep rewatching. it's so obvious he likes her, why can't she see it! hehe. but it's a good drama.

Yeah, obviously Zhi Shu likes Xiang Qin but how would she knows when Zhi Shu keeps hurting her and ignore her as well. He only cares for her whenever no one notice. I like how Zhi Shu get jealous whenever Xiang Qin is with another guy but in the end he always find out that Xiang Qin still love him.

I know by now that this drama is pretty much like a classic and a must-watch for all drama fanatics, but honestly I haven't yet watched all of the episodes. I enjoyed the ones I did watch, but Ariel Lin's character was too dependent and weak for me to want to continue watching. Something about watching a brainless simple female being led and bossed around by a smart and coincidentally good-looking male just ticks me the wrong way. Not only is it too cliche and improbable, but also because the old concept wasn't even put the right way. The characters don't have a lot of dimension. It was easy to watch events happen and have them [the two main characters] draw together, but I didn't feel it. I think that a good drama is capable of making any situation, even the most far-fetched, at least feel like they're happening and can happen.

People who actually endured the whole series might disagree with me, and I hope you do, because I want to believe that this overrated drama is indeed as great as people say, but up to where I left off roughly a year ago, I didn't believe that the characters or the plot could get anywhere beyond 'cute', so feel free to convince me otherwise =]

I know by now that this drama is pretty much like a classic and a must-watch for all drama fanatics, but honestly I haven't yet watched all of the episodes. I enjoyed the ones I did watch, but Ariel Lin's character was too dependent and weak for me to want to continue watching. Something about watching a brainless simple female being led and bossed around by a smart and coincidentally good-looking male just ticks me the wrong way. Not only is it too cliche and improbable, but also because the old concept wasn't even put the right way. The characters don't have a lot of dimension. It was easy to watch events happen and have them [the two main characters] draw together, but I didn't feel it. I think that a good drama is capable of making any situation, even the most far-fetched, at least feel like they're happening and can happen.

People who actually endured the whole series might disagree with me, and I hope you do, because I want to believe that this overrated drama is indeed as great as people say, but up to where I left off roughly a year ago, I didn't believe that the characters or the plot could get anywhere beyond 'cute', so feel free to convince me otherwise =]

I know what you mean but hey the series was based off a manga, so of course the sacrifice of practicality is expected; Once I got into the drama, I liked it mostly because of the humor but hey liking and disliking something is always subjective anyway.

I've only seen the first ep I'm sorry to say that I don't think its that great either. All the acting is just bad, especially the earthquake part. Maybe thats just taiwanese dramas for you. If i have to choose Devil Beside You is probably better

i loved the ending of this cuz ariel looked really pretty in the wedding gown and in the tux. especially the bloopers part. LMAO :loool:

The first drama I watched since I study overseas LOL...

The first time I hear this title. I love it directly...

I ever watched the jap series one....

Xiang Qin :himuah: was too cute ! she spilled out confidence at times but you always root for her cause she's so sweet :cheers: :D the story was unique to say the least and is a must watch

This was a really good series, i just LOVED the characters in this show. And they are filming ISWAK2 in March...cant wait.

i've been forced to watch this drama by my friend. But I'm grad that i did! it's a really good n funny series! I like every single characters in this show. I just notice the 2nd version is coming soon...can't wait to watch it.

The best drama ever.....100% recommended...love all the characters...especially zhi shu and xiang qin....can't hardly wait for the sequel....

ohhh this is a good one!! Joe is so handsome n cute in this series hahaha especially the last few episodes really really romantic and i've repeat watching it so many times LOL.. even intro my frens to watch it =p dun miss this series men~

one of the best dramas. EVER. great cast. exciting and cute storylline. definitely a must watch! 20 episodes seems long, but every episode is full of plots so the story is not draggy. this drama is one of which i dont mind watching for a 2nd time.

OMG!! i cant wait until emm September!! and then like its gonna start bout the honeymoon and i heard that my fav. hunk aarons gonna be in it tooxD EEKKK!! cna't wait its gonna be so good i can't bare it!!

AARON.gif