Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest kingkongit27

[I-Cable] Strange Talk Show - 怪談

76 posts in this topic

Didn't find a discussion Topic about this show, so I thought I make one.

Strange Talk Show 《怪談》

on I-Cable TV channel

Hong Kong

Show Topic: Strange Encounters,

Hosts: Spencer Leung Sze Ho 梁思浩 & Sammie Yu See Man 余思敏, Rachel Chan 陳曉華 

This show started in 1996 and has been the most successful Paranormal show to date. Not only is it well known in Hong Kong but now worldwide. The show consists of 3 parts. The first part shows footage of clips filmed in different locations. The crew have been to many Haunted location's in Thailand, Malaysia, Taiwan and presently in Japan. The brave crew have caught strange and unexplainable footage on camera in recent years and have had different experiences.

Not only is this show exciting and scary at the same time but it also allows viewers to get involved.

During the second part of the show Spencer and Sammie talk to medium's and Professionals who know all about the spiritual world and give tips and advice. The last part of the show let's viewers call in by phone to talk about strange experiences and how to handle problems. Since last year they have started to get fan's of the show involved by inviting them to send in their paranormal photographs and footage taken on camera.

This show surely is entertaining and even if you don't beleive in the paranormal you will still be entertained.

profile.jpg

Edited by kingkongit27

but i found it interesting..watching it at nite..alone.. kekekeke

i like this show.

its good to know that there are so many unexplainable things in this world..

I have heard of it but It is very boring. The Discovery Channel one is more interesting because they always leave me with an impression :P Although I don't believe in any of the stuff they're staying, I'd prefer the disocvery channel one over the Guai Tan.

I don't think it is boring, it has open my view on what different cultral thinks about ghost and what happens when a person dies.

I love scary series show ! and this one was soo scary! I couldn't sleep!

Yes sometime when I watch show like this it make me scare too, especially at night, I sometime think that something is behide me.

i like the show.... but they tend to break up the good part and make u wait til the next episode to show... kinda annoying.

I do agree the older shows are more fun to watch. But most of time, they are fake. All the scary moments are basically staffs spooking one another with cries and screams. And that Sammi girl is just terrible; bad voice, bad questions, and superficial.

When are they actually catch some real ghost? I yearning to see..seriously. But I'm still hooked to this show. I can't function on the weekend w/out seeing this show.

My brother loves this show. He has to watch it every week. I don't like it at all.

I hate that guy..very pondan and so fake...some calls in with ridiculous statement...

This show gets scarier and scarier as you watch it.

Me and my mom used to watch it at night downstairs in our house.

So scary.

I think this show is pretty good cause they compare the different faiths. But I find Ghost Hunters more interesting. The older episodes where alot more interesting.

:ohmy: Not sure if anyone has noticed on one of the episodes of this series here that cover Japan http://www.megavideo.com/?v=UWKNN4R6 titled "2008-03-01 日本不思議手記-自殺森林" but if you look closely view the part where Rachel Chan was holding a cam facing beside/behind her, you can see an image which is quite scary beside her.

I think the producers of the show might have missed this raw footage and not seen it closeup.

It is quite incredible that this series is still showing after so many seasons ,and I always look forward to the crew going to cover stories in the different countries.

my husband loves these types of shows am too scared to watch so i get my husband to tell me all about it after he finished watching

I love scary movies! and this one was soo scary! I couldn't sleep! great show.....

wah, this show is getting better, but still cant pinpoint ghost king exact location..

i loved the show but lately i thought the show has gotten a bit boring cause it feels like things are starting to repeat so i stopped watching it for a bit. i do miss it. its very interesting.

lol.. my mom got me hooked on to this show...

its really interesting.. but i noticed that recently, the filming isnt as interesting/scary as before now...

hopefully it'll get better ^__^

honestly, is this show real or fake? I remember the guy host claim that a god got on his body when a woman hypnotized him on their trip in Taiwan. Are they making up stuff to get high rating?

lol.. my mom got me hooked on to this show...

its really interesting.. but i noticed that recently, the filming isnt as interesting/scary as before now...

hopefully it'll get better ^__^

hahaha...I got me mom hooked on this show instead.

What happened to all those sifu. I don't see them appearing anymore...you this show will not last without them.

I think it is half and half. After all, it is all about ratings.

honestly, is this show real or fake? I remember the guy host claim that a god got on his body when a woman hypnotized him on their trip in Taiwan. Are they making up stuff to get high rating?

It is half and half. And they will create whatever the get ratings.

This show used to be better with all those sifu around. It seems to be not so scary, exciting, mysterious and entertaining. But the show is turning to become a little more like a HK gossip program. :(

I really enjoy this show. This is a show which I keep my eyes opened