Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnyee97266

Perfect English speaking TVB actresses

165 posts in this topic

I know there are several perfect English speaking actresses. They either were born in or grew up in North America. I know there is:

Bernice Liu, Linda Chung, Angela Tong, Selena Li, Margaret Chung, Flora Chan, Melissa Ng.

Does anyone know of any one else? I wish that TVB would do a series with some of them speaking English as their main langauage.

thats actually a good topic.. sometimes when i watch some shows and it pains me to hear some actors talk 'english' that i think that all of them are like that when i know it isnt true... they should certainly use the perfect english some actors have in their story lines...

jessica hsuan also speaks really good english, but she got it from england with a british accent :) you can see her talking in parental guidance (the singapore series)

wow i didnt know that saleena li could speak perfect english

yeah i would be interested in a show where they use english...lol but i think thats highly unlikely

but there were a few scenes in shows where they do speak english...i remember in heart of greed linda spoke english

fala chen also has perfect english...also from a scene in heart of greed

i think sonja kwok speaks as well....but not perfect

i think raymond lam could speak perfect english since he was raised in california. In my pov i dun think it matter since it's a asian serie how offen do u actually speak english?

fan wei qi went to harvard! i think...well she transfered from pomona...but her chinese is perfect too...but yeah i'm sure her english is pretty good

i think it is very funny when people try and speak english...you no when they add the si thing at the end of a english word

i think is bernice,linda,flora,jessica,selena,fala oso ok,michelle ye...i think the worst is like joe ma coz in tits he speaks english as a pilot and i think is annoying...raymond oso ok in his english

i guess so, Bernice, Fala, Linda, and Angela Tong, and as well, got to know Myolie oso wor.. ( myolie not so sure, get to know from friend )

jessica hsuan has wicked english, she did an english speaking tv series 'Parental Guidance' (at least thats what i think it was called !!)

Edited by yelloman

i guess thats all i can think of, but i dun think it matters because they film for tvb, tvb is in hk, so....i guess all actor or actress are good as long as they can speak chinese perfectly instead..lol

in catch me now, johnson lee has perfect english! i think sharon chan's english is pretty good too.

myolie wu for sure!!

she had a half italian and half chinese boyfriend in the US!!!

im obviously a huge fan!!

myolie wu for sure!!

she had a half italian and half chinese boyfriend in the US!!!

im obviously a huge fan!!

Oh, Really.. i dun even know abt tis, cos all these while, i tot Myolie bf is Bosco ..haha.. wow.. really wish to see

hows her bf look like, sure very handsome and cool... cos its mix..

Good ideas it is very embarrassed for some HK chinese artist to speak poor English. I remember once Raymond Lam said " bring me to the airport" in one TVB series, I don't know if the script was like that but still, if he is good in English, he could have said " take me to the airport". instead. My English is crap, at least I know the difference between take and bring.

i think edison chen has good english. he went to school in boston before i think. my parents told me that. i never knew that.

well, a lot of newbies speaks good english now like fala chen, queenie chu(?), etc..

some that i know of are.. myolie wu, jessica hsuan, maggie cheung, florence kwok, fiona yuen,

as for the guys, kevin cheng (he was in US for a few years right?), michael tong, moses chan (he studied in australia i think), william so, vincent wong (the guy from wars of the inlaws 2)

Edited by feverfew

Michelle Ye, Jessica Hsuan, Bernice Liu. Angela Tong, Flora Chan, Myolie Wu,

I think Moses Chan has very good English, maybe he communicates with Bernice in English haha. I also vaguely remember that Michael Tong was originally from the US, correct me if I'm wrong but he seems to speak fluent English.

Good ideas it is very embarrassed for some HK chinese artist to speak poor English. I remember once Raymond Lam said " bring me to the airport" in one TVB series, I don't know if the script was like that but still, if he is good in English, he could have said " take me to the airport". instead. My English is crap, at least I know the difference between take and bring.

lol u right, but nowadays ppl dont care about if its perfect or not as long as ur understood

most of the good english speakers are from foreign countries mainly usa/canada. i mean they have at least stayed in a enlgihs contry for some time

i think that even if some artist can speak perfect english before, while they are in the industry, they interact with mainly chinese people, i think that their english sometimes are slowly decaying. Cause some are probably more focused in learning chinese

i read that maggie cheung (hoyee) speaks with a british accent. i'm just wondering if anyone has a vid/clip of her speaking english!!