Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
silverbear

[TVB] Minutes to Fame - 殘酷一叮

143 posts in this topic

minutestofamelogofg2.jpg

Minutes to Fame (殘酷一叮) is a game show on Hong Kong's TVB Jade, modelled after Pop Idol and American Idol, and similar to America's Got Talent. On the show, contestants appear on stage and sing. Their objective is to remain on stage for as long as possible, before the hosts ring a bell and ask them to leave. The "cruel bell" refers to a popular urban legend that during an audition a judge would ring a bell if he finds the candidate unsuitable. Thus, ringing the bell signifies that the candidate is unsatisfactory in the audition performance.

For each second the contestant remains on stage, the contestant is given HK$100.

The show is hosted by Hacken Lee and Joey Leung. The slogan of this programme is "全城盡興,殘酷一叮!

This show is now into its 3rd season with a change of hosts to Miriam Yeung and Sammy Leung.

+credits to wikipedia+

Edited by SiLvErBeAr

I kinda lost interest this season with Sammy and Miriam hosting. They're too lenient on the contestants, esp Miriam. I love Joey and Hacken. They make funnier comments and seem to have better judgement.

this show is not bad . . . i just love watching the hosts talk most of the time . . . the way they interact with the contestants and each other is so funny . . . n for some reason . . . watching miriam cracks up about almost anithing cracks me up too . . . as for the contestants . . . i think they get worse and worse in each season . . .

This is a really funny show.. But I really didn't like Season III with Sammy and Miriam.. I think they were looking more for people showing their abilities than the singing ability.. From the 3 seasons the one that I like most is season I...

i think the starting of the first season was the best .... after that seems like anyone can go up and it wasn't that entertaining at certain stage ....

i love the little mok sang......

I think the first 2 seasons with Hacken and Joey was better. The 3rd season's laughter seem so fake to me. But then this show is such a cracker..it makes me laugh so much (even when I'm down)...can't believe people will do anything for money!!

This show is sometimes SOOO FUNNY!!! Hacken Lee was funny too!! LOLS!! :laugh: i use to laugh and clap and sing to this show.....i never saw this show for 4 years....i think i should go see it rite now

i like sammy&miriam as hosts more. i find them more funny :D but hacken lee and th eother guy >.> forgot his name, was really funny too[x

minutes to fame was pretty funny at first, but later on, it just gets boring cus later on, ppl started acting more than singing.

haha i enjoy watching this.

it's hilarious sometimes by the wardrobe and by what

some of the people do in this :)

I like the show better when Hacken and Joey be the host.

I think Mirriam and Sammy , hmm.., somehow too exaggerated.

this show was so fun to watch ... it gets a little boring after awhile ... Can't say it's the best, cuz my no.1 fav. show is forever the trio show

This isn't my favourite variety show. Sometimes it's hard to watch because some contestants make me squirm or feel really uncomfortable.

this show can sometimes be so funny, it would have to be one of my favourites

In episode 13, who is the original artist(s) of the song that the boy and girl group sang? The name was "gwun", as in a bad husband going out to "gwun".

i love all the stupid contestants who do the funniest stuf!!

good show. funny and entertaining, love miriam. I always watch it

I loved this show as well.. although somewhat similar to taht of american idol, this shows how asians singing talent on the stage.. this si differnet from american idol because there isnt time and the judges in AI would say if you got it or not... some ppl are great at it and make it to the next round... i loved it how little kids are even in this too and they acutally got into the final rounds for championship... im really impressed..

Season 3 was boring and I didnt like the hosts. Alot of the times it was just people doing stupid stuff which is apparently funny in Hong Kong but I just find it lame :/

I prefer seeing people who think they are good and end up being crap, its more funnier that way !

i love the wackos that come onto this show! they what keeps the show interesting!! hehe really like having miriam as the host!

i did not saw yet the 3rd season with mirriam. i saw only the first season . therefore i thnks it is more funny if the came out with the 3rd season . this season with mirriam must be funnier because she like to lugh.

I'm not so sure about this anymore...I really enjoyed it when it was the previous hosts...these two aren't as funny, they seem to be there more to be entertained. Plus, the acts are getting more acrobatic and circus like...it seems to have lost some of the original purpose, for regular ordinary people to get on t.v. and coming up with ways to stay on longer. I liked it in the beginning because you could just be a good singer and win but also for being funny and original. But that's just me...I'm sure as long as there's still ratings for TVB they'll still keep the show (and we all know lots of people like cirque du soleil type shows).

My mom watches this show every Sunday night haha.

I remember that indian guy who got famous from this show.