Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Y. x33

[TVB-A] Lethal Weapon of Love and Passion - 覆雨翻雲 [2006]

85 posts in this topic

lwolap.jpg

Summary:

The story starts off where Fung Hung Lit (Raymond) was already married to Gun Bing Wun (Sonija). She’s helping Pong Ban (Derek) to recover Fung’s memory and to practice his dark martial arts. Afterwards, Pong Ban starts going after Fung and Fung ends up being saved by Hon Pak (Bosco). The later become good friends.

In all of this, Fung meets Chun Mong Yiu (Charmaine) and their relationship grows everyday. Meanwhile, Hon Pak meets many people that are willing to teach him martial arts so he becomes really good. Hon Pak and Ye Yuut also turn from lovers to siblings. When they find out she was adopted, Ye Yuut has to choose between Lord Yin and Hon Pak.

Pong Ban manages to restore Fung’s memory and they both think of plans to overturn the Ming Dynasty. Hon Pak also turns into Emperor Chu’s most trusted person and since Fung wants to restore the Yuan dynasty, they go from being friends to being enemies. They end up having a war against each other with many innocent lives being lost. In the end, they have a one-on-one fight. The one that loses has to back down and let the other win the war.

summary source: http://www.spcnet.tv

no matter how poor the ratin of dhis series is in hong kong but i just love dhis series the cast are so strong and the storyline was good in the beginnin and the end

Edited by SiLvErBeAr

I watched through the whole thing...didn't turn out as good as expected. They could have cut the story down (40 episodes was too draggy).They could have put more romance in. I really did not like the Raymond and Charmaine pairing. Didn't like Charmain'e character and she treated him etc.

I've not finished watching this but I think Bosco's character is sooo funny! Yep, lots of TVB series are really long now...but I guess they kill time when you have nothing to do :D

This series was realy good. The storry, the actors everything. The fighting scenes was really good. I recommend this series to everyone.

Since not a lot of people replied about this series, thought I'd share my bit of opinion on it.

40 episodes is indeed far too long, I thought a lot of parts of it dragged on too much and the cast was a bit repetitive, very similar to other ancient series. I watched it mostly for Bosco, but was disappointed that his character wasn't a bit more serious, but oh well, his role made the series a lot cheerier.

Overall, this series is not highly recommended, it's really not worth the time, it should be put on the bottom of your list... watch it only if you want to use up your time.

to tell the truth I kept watching this series only cuz there's my raymond in it ^_^' perhaps it was too long and this make the series become quite boring to the audience( the ratings were a bit low :( ), but hwv I found Ray's performance simply great! his role was previously proposed to louis koo, but he rejected it, so tvb gave it to Raymond. But I don't think louis would have done a better job! :)

this series is very interesting.. the storyline is very unique at first.. and i totally agree with kiumei tat the story goes on a bit too long.. towards the end it got a bit boring...

the series dragged out too long but the chemistry of Charmaine and raymond drove me to finish this series. As for a ancient series the plot didn't really stand out as special.The ending could have been better as far as I'm concerned.

THe series was getting dull toward the end of the series . . . I literally stop watching after the 20th episodes. . . I don't usually stop watching a anicient series since those are my fav. . .

definitely a bit draggy. Tot the show was ok but could be better with such a great cast. For the first time, i took notice of derek kwok. He is actually a good supporting actor.

this was definitely draggy but i still manage to finish it...not fantastic but you still won't regret watching it

Yeah, I totally agree with silverbear and olav. The series was ok, but way too long. The basic story line was pretty good, but not good enough. It's really no surprise that it recieved such a low rating.

this one was boring at parts because they drag the film out to the point where their spending 10-20mins doing nothing on each chap. but i enjoy the battle scenes.

with this series, the director was very abrupt with the camera in the first couple of episodes. out of nowhere the camera would just seem to fast forward or create the feeling of forwardness with a loud sound added to it. it was very weird but the stroyline was good but predictable since that would have been the only way out of the situation as raymond will never be a 'bad' character. so overall 3/5 stars

Yes, the fight scenes were very entertaining even though the serie did drag...

I didnt want Derek nor David to die, but oh well, someone important has to die along the line in these dramatic serie

Glad to see that Charmaine has put on some meat because when I wateched Strike At Heart...oh boy, she was soooo skinny.

As for Raymond and Bosco, I think they've portrayed their characters quite well...

I enjoyed this serie very much. I think I'm a bit bias because Bosco Wong and Charmaine Sheh are both starring in it. But there were scenes that made me cry. I thought most performances were very well done. But Raymond Law could have put more emotions in his facial expressions.

found this series a bit too long... like.. i fink the whole story could be told in 20 episodes.... so itz a bit boring.. but still.. itz a series worth watching.. haha

this movie was gooood

RAYMOND LAM WAS SOOOO FREAKING FIONEEEEE IN THIS SERIES (:

raymond raymond raymond.... hekkka fione... cant get enough of him... he was hellla fione in la femme desperado too (:

i was glad that at the end that raymond and that girl ended up together .... he was hott in the series tooo... and i was scared that he was really evil, but im glad at the end that he ended being a good guy ... bosco was hott too :D

This was definetely one the best tv series i've seen this year.. I totally enjoyed the story line and acting

This was a good serie. The fighting and special effect were well done. But sometimes it's too draggy. So 40 episodes are too long

im a charray fan so i liked this series. it's so sad that ray got stabbed by both sonija and charmaine. even though i liked it, i agree with you all, a little too draggy.