CAST

Gurmit Singh - Lee Meng Choon

Hong Hui Fang - Mrs Lee

Jack Neo - Wang Wei Wen

Xiang Yun - Mrs Wang

James Lye - Lee Tai Ba

Fann Wong - Lee Xiao Fang

Bryan Wong Lu Jiang - Wang Yao Dong

Aileen Tan - Mei Li (Xiao Fang's friend)

Pierre Png - Mr. Jason Tang

Terence Cao - Wu Wei Ming (Yao Dong's friend)

Andrew Seow - Gang leader

SYNOPSIS

Two chicken rice stalls in a hawker centre are in fierce competition. The owner of Lee Hao Chicken Rice stall, Lee Meng Choon, is always at loggerheads with the owner of Wang Shang Chicken Rice stall, Wang Wei Wen. Wei Wen and Meng Choon's children did not get along well either, all except for Yao Dong and Xiao Fang, whom both has just arrived to Singapore after their university studies in Australia.

Yao Dong accidentally bumped into Xiao Fang, not knowing that she is the daughter of Meng Choon, asks her out for a date. Tai Ba, who is Xiao Fang's elder brother, was furious when he saw the couple, knowing that Yao Dong belongs to the rival Chicken rice stall's family. Tai Ba tried to confront Yao Dong but was stopped by Meng Choon, who promised to warn Xiao Fang not to see Yao Dong again.

Despite the warnings by both families, Yao Dong and Xiao Fang continued going out secretly and they eventually fell in love with each other. However, that resulted in major problems when their families found out about their relationship. Both familes were furious and strongly objected to the pairing, causing pressure for the couple. This was however just one of the trials. Meng Choon even sent Xiao Fang on a blind date with the wealthy businessman Mr. Jason Tang.

Later on, Tai Ba was tending to the stall, his duty for the day, when Yao Dong and his friend Wu Wei Ming walked by. Tai Ba began hurling abuses at the two, and that insulted Wei Ming. The two immediately got into a fight. Yao Dong went forward to stop the fight, but he accidentally stabbed Tai Ba to death, and a frightened Wei Ming ran off, dragging Yao Dong along. Wei Wen was furious to heard of the trouble Yao Dong and Wei Ming has caused, but was frightened as well when he heard that Yao Dong may be sentenced to death if convicted of this attack.

credits to wikipedia

Discovery Award Winner (Toronto International Film Festival 2001

This is prolly a good movie for Asians who take English Literature. haha I, for one, found it entertaining enough since I had my Romeo&Juliet text book with me hahaha it kinda helped me study, in a way :P

omg! i watched this movie on cinema years ago when it first released in malaysia...when my friend and i went to watch this, there were NOBODY inside the studio, so we thought....we're in some sort of a prank tv show...but then another 4 person showed up.

Too bad it didn't do that good at that time, but i enjoyed this movie so much, i even bought the original vcd! it's really funny! and i had a crush on Pierre Png right after i got hooked up on PCK private limited.....LOL

its funny really showing the nature of singaporeans and the famous hainan chicken rice yummyyy

This movie is very simular to the movie I saw along time ago. Instead of Chicken Rice, they were competing with roast duck instead. I guest it just a different reitteration of an old movie.

hmmm... i think i should watch this movie because i have heard from my friends that this movie is quite funny though it had been released in ages.

haha as in PCK, Chicken Lice lol lol

but yeah, this movie looks good, need to watch it one day

I never get tired to watch this movie again, it was a very funny movie. You should go for it

This is one of the first SG movie that caught my attention for SG movies. Since then had been interested in watching SG movies and series production. Even now almost 8 years passed this movies still playing in my memory

I'd reallllly like to watch this. I remember watching it a couple of years back and it was soooo funny it cracked me up haha. sorry is there a download link on this page that i'm not seeing? o_O

this show is really funny, i still remember it make my day so wonderfull after watching it.

This is a very funny movie, I do like to reccommend to everybody!! :93:

thanks,This is a very funny movie, I do like to reccommend to everybody!!

Loved this show very much! Couldn't stop laughing when i saw it.

This movie is really funny. I really enjoyed it the first time I seen it. I definitely recommend this movie to people to watch. I laughed so hard that I couldnt stop laughing while my stomach hurt so bad.