Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest (-Jin-)

[SG] Zodiac: The Race Begins - 生肖传奇 [2006]

10 posts in this topic

f_Zodiactheram_4d1010b.jpg

It is Singapore's first 3D animated film and recounts the legend behind the ancient Chinese zodiac on how 12 animals came to be chosen as its symbols. Its script, researched by Singapore-based freelance playwright and former cross-talk celebrity Zhao Jin, incorporates eight myths.

35 artists were casted in the voiceovers for the show. This includes prominent Singaporean actress Fann Wong, who did voiceover recordings for the characters of the snake and the cat. Popular radio DJ Dennis Chew did a voiceover for the rooster, the rat and an evil court official.

SYNOPSIS

The great Buddha gave the eminent Jade Emperor the task of ruling the celestial and mortal worlds. However, mortal human beings did not have an awareness of time, which spelt calamity. To avert this, the Jade Emperor gave a celestial order: "Let it be known in the mortal world, that I, the Imperial Jade Emperor, shall appoint 12 animals to ascend to the celestial world. These 12 species of animals shall represent a cycle of 12 years with each animal representing a year. Any humans born in a particular animal's year shall bear that animal's mark and his strength. This representation shall be known as the Zodiac."

But deep in the dark swamps, the thousand year old tree spirit, determined to thwart the plans of her long-time enemy, the Jade Emperor, sets forth to prevent the success of the Race by impeding the 12 chosen ones.

credits to wikipedia

I live Fann Wong's voiceover of the cat...Dunno that her voice can be so high-pitched..haha!

wow Singapore first animation cartoon.I have watched it.It is worth to watch and exciting. :93:

this movie is totally waste of time and money watching.

although the story line tells us about the 12 zodiac and how it all began with the stories and stuff but it's very planned.

you know who's 1st who's second etc and some on.

therefore it's very boring i must say.

this show really looks cute, but i feel it kind of waste of time watching it.

It is very interesting 3D movie, tell you the story about Chinese Zodiac...creative~

Lol this movie really sucks its not worth watching

I didnt really enjoy this movie at all. I kinda wanted to stop watching it before it was even half the movie but i have a thing to myself is that no matter if the movie is good or not i will finish watching it.

this is a good movie for the kids and if they know about the chinese one. they will find out how funny about this one. good for enjoyment. thanks