Genre: Comedy

Director: Tay Teck Lock

Language: A mixture of Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien, English

Cast:

Jack Neo

Mark Lee

Henry Thia

Synopsis:

The three main characters are Chew Wah Keong (Jack Neo), who is a white-collar worker, but a spendthrift; Ong (Mark Lee), a contractor ; and Hui (Henry Thia), who is a coffee shop waiter, and has a crush on one of his customers, Susan.

Keong quits his job after an argument with his boss over a promotion. He is unable to get a new job, due to his lack of academic qualifications and computer illiteracy. With installments and bills to pay, with a family to support, Keong lands heavily in debt. His wife, who dislikes his spending habits, leaves him, taking their daughter(Inex Goh) with her.

Ong borrows S$40,000 from a loan shark, confident that he can clear his debt quickly, as he is about to settle a debt his friend owes him. However, Ong's friend runs away, and Ong, unable to repay the debt within the two-week deadline, gets beaten up by the loan sharks. Ong then runs away to Johor Bahru to hide from the loan sharks and settle his friend's debt.

When Hui attempts to woo Susan , JoJo (Patricia Mok) asks him for his mobile phone number. As Hui did not own a mobile phone, he started shopping for one, but instead of the latest model, he ends up buying a Motorola DynaTAC 8000x,mistakenly hearing from Ong the bigger the phone, the better it is. He once went for prostititution in Geylang, but backed out at the last minute when the prostitute arrived. Hui also went out on a date with Susan, but found out that Susan is actually an insurance agent.

The three friends manage to raise sufficient capital to start a car-polishing business together. However, after the loan sharks continue pursuing Ong, and Hui's mother is diagnosed with leukemia and hospitalised subsequently, Ong and Hui decide to withdraw their shares, but without success because they had all used their money to set up the business and buy the equipment.

Hui's mother dies. At the walk to the crematorium, the loan sharks show up, but are arrested by the police and jailed for six years for illegal loaning of money and violence. Keong convinces his wife and daughter to enter an obstacle race, and they win the first prize of $100,000, which he uses to pay his creditors. The film ends with the car-polishing business turning them into the directors of Autoglym when an employee is satisfied with their skills and brings them to his manager. It ends with Keong still without money after loaning it all to Hui and Ong.

[credits wikipedia]

haha this movie's hilarious!! anybody who hasn't seen this should definitely give it a go..i used to watch this sOo often, if only cos my dad thought it so great every visitor to our home deserved to get a screening :P

yeah, it was a very funny movie. never get tired to watch it again.

such an old movie from my younger days. however, watched it on TV few years back and still did not get tired of it.

Very funny show. One of the best hokkien/mandaring movie.

This movie still the best after so long ....i find that the no.2 is not tht interesting compare to this one. But afterall it still very educating.

Mark Lee is one of my famous actor. He acts so funny. Not only this movie. Other movie he acts also very nice and funny.

it's a very funny movie and very heart breaking too. as $ makes the world go rounds, it also break up family

A very funny movie. I have watch it many times. Would not get sick of it.

Jack Neo always have good movie for everyone to watch no matter what move all are wonderful