Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest ¬ßaby®ain¬

[MY] Siti Nurhaliza

14 posts in this topic

siti060405.jpg

Siti Nurhaliza binti Tarudin (born January 11, 1979) is a multiple-award winning Malaysian pop singer-songwriter. She is currently the most successful Malaysian singer. While there have been artists from Malaysia who reached international stardom but left the country in their pursuit of success, Siti Nurhaliza's career was planted and blossomed locally and as predicted, she has become an international icon respectively. She was honoured with the title Darjah Indera Mahkota Pahang (DIMP) by the Sultan of Pahang which carries the title 'Datuk' infront of her name.[1] To date, she has garnered more than 100 local awards as well as international awards.

After the release of her first album, Siti became a well-known figure in Malay pop culture. She continued to have numerous hits, her songs spanning a broad range of genres, such as pop, R&B, and traditional Malay. Her voice and lyrics proven popular among teenagers as well as adults throughout Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei and Indonesia. Despite the challenges of fellow artistes such as Ning Baizura, Dayang Nurfaizah and Misha Omar, Siti remains at the top of the Malay pop industry and garnered numerous musical awards.

Siti was one of the invited artistes and the first non-Chinese artiste to be invited to perform at the 15th Golden Melody Awards, Taiwan in 2004. Apart from performing solo, she also sang a duet with Lee-Hom Wang in a song called 月亮代表我的心 (The Moon Represents My Heart).

Throughout her career,Siti Nurhaliza has a various songs that was taken as a cover version by other artistes, including the famous song Cindai which was re-recorded in Chinese version by Chien Bai Hui. Also, her first hit song, Aku Cinta Padamu was covered by a boyband in Australia.

Siti held a successful solo concert at the Royal Albert Hall in London in April 1, 2005, although the majority of the audience were Malaysians living in the United Kingdom and Malaysians who had travelled just to see the concert. From this concert also, major press in Britain taught her as 'Asia's Celine Dion'-due to her powerful vocal and outstanding perfomances.

In her country, she is also known as one of the most successful businesswomen and cultivated brandnames. She is currently named as the 'Richest Artiste' in Malaysia.

To date, she has the most number one singles than any other artiste in Malaysia which dominated Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei as well as Indonesia radio stations by storm.

Discography

Studio albums

Transkripsi (2006)

Prasasti Seni (2004)

E.M.A.S (2003)

Sanggar Mustika (2002)

Safa (2001)

Sahmura (2000)

Pancawarna (1999)

Adiwarna (1998)

Cindai (1997)

Siti Nurhaliza II (1997)

Siti Nurhaliza I (1996)

Duet album

Seri Balas (1999)

Compilation albums

Siti Nurhaliza Klasik (2007)

Cerita Cinta Siti Nurhaliza (2006)

Anugerah Aidilfitri (2004)

Fiesta Aidilfitri (2002)

Salam Aidilfitri (2001)

Gema Hari Raya (2000)

[credits wikipedia]

Edited by ¬ßaby®ain¬

i wonder how much does her concert cost.

have to agree that shes one of the most famous malaysian singer.

ya , she's really talented. unfortunately she's been on a low profile after she got married.

really salute her for learning how to sing chinese songs...heard a couple of chinese songs by her and they are quite good!

First time I watch her performance was "MTV Asia Aids" at bangkok. she sing "Seindah Biasa" She very cute and great voice ...

When I'm back home ... I told some of freind in MY to brought her CD to me

She not disappointed me even though I didn't understand Malay language but I'm very enjoy to hear her voice :happy:

my favourite local artiste...extremely talented , cute n pretty ..

Is she pregnant yet? I thought Datuk K would have got it done by now.. cos the only other news apart from her lavish wedding that was aired on TV was that she wanted to be a mother...

a sensational singer from malaysia.. however recently not much singing from her. maybe because married.. to Datuk K... lol..

really salute her for learning how to sing chinese songs...heard a couple of chinese songs by her and they are quite good!

Love her so much..Her voice was so natural..She is gifted with a full package..Nice voice with a good looking face..Eventhough she's not really gorgeous as how before she got married but still, her natural beauty n powerful voice..go Siti..love her..

nothing heard about her lately. Whether there will be a comeback anytime soon? Would be a waste 4 such a talented personality. :himuah:

I am still having her album on cassette. Love most of her songs.

This is one of the best artist in Malaysia.

Unfortunately she haven't sing for a long ady.

What happened to her recently? Haven't heard much news about her and singing lately.. She's really got a good voice and should continue singing!! :)