Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest (-Jin-)

[THAI] Tom Yum Goong - ต้มยำกุ้ง [2005]

26 posts in this topic

f_Tomyumgoongm_98a8c9c.jpg

CAST

Tony Jaa as Kham, the last of a family line of guards who once watched over the King of Thailand's war elephants. He grows up forming close relations to his elephant, Por Yai and his calf, Korn. When they are stolen, Kham journeys to Sydney, Australia to get them back.

Sotorn Rungruaeng as Kham's father. Kham's father taught him about the fighting styles of the Jaturangkabart, the royal guardians of the Thai war elephants. It has been Kham's father's dream that his elephant Por Yai would be selected as one of the Royal Thai elephants. However, during a fake inspection staged by a local member of parliament, his elephants are stolen, and he is wounded by a gunshot.

Petchtai Wongkamlao as Sergeant Mark, a Thai-Australian policeman who patrols an area of Sydney populated by Asians. He is so popular there that the locals often do him favors like giving him free mangoes and haircuts.

Bongkoj Khongmalai as Pla, a Thai student in Sydney who is forced into prostitution to repay the debt of her former boyfriend, the late Wittaya who used to own Tom Yum Goong Otob, a Thai restaurant.

Xing Jing as Madame Rose, a transexual member of a Chinese gang in Sydney, who is in conflict with the leader, her Uncle Mr. Sim. It should be noted that the actress who plays Rose is a transexual herself.

Damian De Montemas as Inspector Vincent, a corrupt policeman in Sydney who collaborates with Madame Rose.

David Asavanond as Officer Rick, Sergeant Mark's new partner.

Nathan Jones as T.K., a giant wrestler who proves to be more than a match for Kham.

Johnny Nguyen as Johnny, a Vietnamese gangster in Sydney who is a subordinate of Madame Rose. He is responsible for her drug deals and the running of the Tom Yum Goong Otob.

Lateef Crowder as a Capoeira fighter who fights Kham in the Buddhist monastery.

John Foo as a Wushu fighter who is Kham's second opponent in the monastery.

SYNOPSIS

Kham is the last of a family line of guards who once watched over the King of Thailand's war elephants. He grows up forming close relations to his elephant, Por Yai and his calf, Kohrn. During Songkran festival, the elephants are stolen with help from Mr. Suthep, a local MP and his son who are collaborating with elephant poachers. Kham discovers that they are in the hands of Johnny, a Vietnamese gangster who runs a Thai restaurant named Tom Yum Goong Otob in Sydney, Australia.

Kham arrives in Sydney, and is stalked by the police as soon as he leaves the airport. He is eventually caught by Inspector Vincent and driven away in Mark's car. When the car stops outside Tom Yum Goong Otob, Kham sees Johnny leaving. He escapes and finds Johnny talking to Pla, a prostitute. Kham follows a minion as he jumps off a bridge. He takes that gangster out and manages to coerce another to lead him to Johnny's hideout, interrupting a drug deal. Outraged, Johnny summons countless extreme sports enthusiasts, who arrive to fight Kham. Kham defeats them one by one, and finally faces a quad bike rider, whom he takes down as well.

credits to wikipedia

Watch this guy fight !!!

check out Bongkoj Khongmalai in a sexy mud dance somewhere in the middle of the show.

tony ja's breath-taking muay thai moves do not disappoint in this action-packed thriller.

1 person likes this

watch this movie for the fights, watch out for that tall bald guy in the temple (or was it church) scene, same guy in Fearless.

this is one of my favourite fighting show in thai. Tony Jaa is very magnificient compare to jackie chan, maybe due to his age.

Love the raw fighting style.

How he uses his flying knees.

Awesome stuff must see.

didn't like this movie as much as I like Ong Bak ....

Tony Jaa is so great, his movie is great too, the fighting part is great

The fighting part is superb, i especially like the fighting scene at the restaurant where he singlehandly fight from the lower floors to the top floors to find his precious elephant. Some emotions were in there as well to show the love he had for the small(big) elephant.

The fighting in this one is awesome. The story wasn't as good as Ong Bak, but overall a good action movie.

I am very impress with Tonj Jaa performance. He can really fight and fly around with magnificent move.

I saw this movie a while back, and Tony Jaa can really do alot of damage. Some time, I would like to see him fighting against Jet Li.

the fighting scenes are awesome, wondering if hollywood will promote this guy, like they did jackie and jet li.

Everyone should just watch this movie for the fight scenes... especially the "Tekken" recreation fight :p

the story is lacking nd acting sucks but the action scenes lives up to its name! Although Jaa used less Muay Thai than in Ong Bak but its still entertaining nonetheless.

am i the only one who doesnt like this movie??

lol i only watched this film for the fighting scense... :(

Look good but the fighting scene from the preview not so good.. i mean compare to Ong Bak.. but i still want to watch tony jaaaaaaa..... Hope someone share this movies here >_<

If you were to watch this movie... you would only watch it for the fighting scenes!

story line is crap 5/10 rating

but ofcourse the fighting scenes is tops

100% Tony ja will be head hunting this guy for future fighting movies!

This is a good fighting movies. Not the best storyline.

It is pretty violent movies. Blood spilling all over.

what a cool action movie from thailand ...

i like Tony Jaa he really has a excellence kung fu

tony tony jaa...he is good in martial arts...thai jackie chan...& younger....what do u think?this show is good...

the penultimate fight scene where tony takes on 50 guys and breaks their arms and legs is fast becoming one of my favorite alltime fight scenes!

the 4 mins nonstop one-take supasses quentin tarantino's kill bill1 scene, house of the blue leaves (forget the name)... or the granddaddy of them all of the one-take non-stop filming... orson welles' touch of evil.... tom yum goong's scene was definitely the most dangerous...tony in the extras on the dvd was noticeably winded ... and they filmed that scene 5x!

tony's ancient thai bareknuckle is refreshing to watch vs the standard standup/kickboxing that proliferates the h'wood b-movies as well as the HK standard fare.

this is one of my favourite fighting show in thai. Tony Jaa is very magnificient compare to jackie chan, maybe due to his age.