Genre: Horror

Director: Banjong Pisanthanakun, Parkpoom Wongpoom

Producer: Yodphet Sudsawad

Casts:

Ananda Everingham

Natthaweeranuch Thongmee

Achita Sikamana

Synospis:

In Bangkok, after celebrating a drinking party with his closest friends, the photographer Tun (Ananda Everingham) and his girlfriend Jane (Natthaweeranuch Thongmee) have a car accident on the road, with Jane hitting a girl. Tun does not allow her to help the girl and they ran away leaving the girl lying on the road. When Tun reveals his latest pictures, he finds some mysterious shadows, while the couple is systematically haunted by the ghost of the girl. Tun investigates and finds that the victim was his former shy and weird girlfriend Natre (Achita Sikamana), who studied with him in the college. Later Jane discloses deep and hidden secrets about the relationship of Natre, Tun and his friends.

Trivia:

The film was nominated for the 2005 Golden Kinnaree Award for best film at the Bangkok International Film Festival and has won various awards at smaller festivals around the world. The movie was especially well-received in Thailand, Singapore, the Philippines and Brazil.

A remake is planned for release in 2008, directed by Masayuki Ochiai and starring Rachael Taylor.

The pictures with ghostly images that were used to promote the film were actual photos borrowed from people who claimed they were photos of ghosts.

During the shooting, the directors claimed that there was actually a ghost in the scene in which Natre crossing the street where Tun and Jane accidentally hit her. The story behind the incident was that there was a drunk man who was killed in a car crash.

Trailer:

+credits to wikipedia & idmb+

shutter is the most interesting and scary horror movie i ever watched, it will make u feel very irri

This movie is very scary. This is one of the best macabre Thai movie!

If you like old style Hong Kong horrors, check this movie out.

it 's very scary i can't sleep after watch it. :67: It's great horror

This movie is sure to become a benchmark for most of the horror movie

best horror movie from Southeast asia! i never expected it was that good! 9/10

I like this movie very much. I think thai horror movie is the scariest of all. Thumbs up for this movie.

There is something about thai horror movies that make me come back for more eventhough i need to read subtitles

This is a vey good scary movie and the remake by US was not as good as this one.

The asian version of shutter is much better than the us remake in my opinion. Very dark and scary atmosphere...

one of the scariest movies especially the part at the end when the girl is riding on his shoulders... very haunting scene...

one of the best and scariest horror movies that i love ever seen. the plot is good and keep audience suspensed throughout. great movie

a brillaint execute movie which show scariest scene in the end.