Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest TrI.WonG^^

Aaron Kwok Fu Shing - 郭富城

936 posts in this topic

f_11684979128m_a2a1f64.jpg

Aaron Kwok Fu-Shing (Chinese: 郭富城; pinyin: Guō F?ch?ng; Cantonese: Gwok3 Fu3 Sing4; born October 26, 1965) is a popular Hong Kong singer and film actor. The Chinese media refer to Aaron Kwok, Jacky Cheung, Andy Lau and Leon Lai as the Cantopop Four Heavenly Kings. He has been dubbed "Hong Kong's Michael Jackson" for his onstage dancing displays.

After graduating from secondary school, Aaron Kwok worked as a junior staff in King Fook Gold & Jewellery Co. Ltd. as his father wished for him to gain experience in the business with the view of handing over the family business, a small gold retail store.

However, in 1984, Aaron Kwok joined a dancer training course at HK-TVB, where his talent for dancing was immediately recognized. There, Kwok performed in music videos and variety shows. In 1985, Kwok's outstanding performance in a pageant show was spotted. He was transferred to the acting department of the talent training course and became a TV actor, where he played a few bit parts in TV dramas.

A Taiwanese motorcycle advertisement in the early 1990s gained him instant popularity and he burst into the music scene with his now famous song 'Loving You Forever'. The next few years saw his popularity reach fever-pitch, and he was soon ranked alongside the most popular artistes of the time.

Aaron Kwok has been one of Hong Kong and Asia's most prominent popstars. Over the last decade or so, Kwok has won over a hundred music awards. As a solo performer, he's played to over 200 sell-out concerts in Hong Kong, China, and around the world, and the choreography for his stage performances has won him international acclaim. Nevertheless, Aaron hasn't been able to maintain his musical career in the new millennium, and his record sales in recent years have dwindled to new lows.

Over the years, Kwok has also indulged in other mediums such as TV commercials and film acting, most notably in collaboration with director/cinematographer Andrew Lau. Kwok has also done extensive public service and charitable work, for which he was amongst the winners of the Ten Most Outstanding Young Persons Award, 2003.

Aaron Kwok's works have earned him a large following of fans, the respect of his peers and widespread popularity worldwide. Of all the performing arts at which Aaron excels, stage appearances remain his perennial favorite. In addition, Aaron Kwok has starred in various movies, television drama series and commercials.

In 2004, a string of concert dates earned Kwok a Hong Kong Dance Award presented by the Hong Kong Dance Alliance. Due to this unfounded success, Kwok toured again in 2005, receiving praise from both critics and audiences.

At the Taiwan's 42nd Golden Horse Awards ceremony on November 13, 2005, Kwok was the surprise winner of Best Leading Actor award for his role in the film Divergence. It was Kwok's first Golden Horse nomination and beat veteran Hong Kong star Tony Leung Ka-Fai to win the honour.

Filmography

2007 The Detective

2006 After This Our Exile

2005 Divergence - Suen Siu-Yan

2004 Throw Down - Tony

2004 Heat Team - YT Lee

2001 Para Para Sakura - Wong Kam Shing (Sexy King)

2000 China Strike Force - Darren Tong

2000 And I Hate You So - Zhang Yong

2000 2000 A.D. - Peter Li

1998 The Storm Riders - Striding Cloud

1998 Anna Magdalena - Yau Mok-Yan (aka Yau Wing-Fu)

1996 Wars of Bribery (TV) - Yang Dazhi

1996 Somebody Up There Likes Me - Ken Wong

1995 Whatever Will Be, Will Be - Mr. Lam

1994 The Kung Fu Scholar - Liu Xian Kai

1993 Future Cops - Ryu

1993 Legend of the Liquid Sword - Zhu Liu Xiang

1993 Love is a Fairy Tale - Hung

1993 The Bare-Footed Kid - Guan Fung-Yao

1993 A Moment of Romance II - Ah Fu

1993 Millionaire Cop - Ball/Jessy Li

1992 Game Kids - Zhong

1992 Gangs '92 - Sam Lam

1992 Truant Heroes - Ace

1992 Rhythm of Destiny - Lee Ka Wah

1992 The Shootout - Wong Ka Fai

1991 The Banquet - Younger Brother of Small B Head

1991 Savior of the Soul - Silver Fox

1991 The Queen of Gamble - Ah Po

1991 Lee Rock II - Lui Yong-Yin

1990 Story of Kennedy Town - Lee Siu-Wai

1989 Close Escape - Ben Lwok

1988 The Big Heat

Selected Discography

1990 Loving You Never Stop

1991 Should I Leave Quietly?

Who Can Tell Me Finally?

Please Bring My Feelings Home (Mandarin Collection)

Love You

Dancing Never Stop, Loving Never Stop, Singing Never Stop - Aaron Kwok

Marboro Red Hot Hits: Heat Moves Lalala

Deep Loving You - Aaron Kwok (2nd Mandarin Collection)

Leaving All My Love To You

Without Your Love

Dream Can't Stay

Merry X-Mas

AK-47

Starts From Zero (Cantonese Collection)

The Wild City

The End Of The Dream Is The End Of The Sky

A Moment Of Romance II OST

Urge

Temptation of the Iron Mask

Elution/Good Gal (Remix)

Lover For The Whole Life

Romance Iron Mask Moving Temptation (Remix)

My Starting Point Is Here

You Are My Everything (EP)

The Legend of Naive

Wind Can't Stop

Memorandum

Aaron Kwok Golden Songs : Memorandum Collection

Love Dove

The GIG Kingdom (EP)

Listen to the Wind's Song

Listen to the wind's song karaoke remix

Warner Music collection: Aaron Kwok

Aaron Kwok Live in Concert 1996

Who Will Remember Me?

Love Call

Duplicate Soul - Duplicate Again

Devoted

Generation Next

Code In The Wind

Warner Music Collection: Aaron Kwok - 2

Best To Sing Mandarin 1998

A Change To Ruin A City

Pepsi Aaron Kwok Live in Concert 1998

Ask For More (EP)

Amazing Dream

Really Afraid

Old And New Applause Collection

Nice,Trip

And I Hate You So OST

Fascinating

China Strike Force OST

No Fear vs Future

Pepsi Aaron Kwok Live On Stage 2000/01

Xin Tian Di + Para Para Sakura OST

Pure Energy Collection

Absolute

Aaron Kwok and Friends in Concert

Cracking Twirls EP

Love On Stage

Burning Flame OST

Karate

In The Still Of The Night

AK Trilogy

Thematic (EP)

My Nation

credits to wikipedia

Edited by (-Jin-)

I fell in love with him when he first came out into the entertainment scene. even though he is old now, I still think he looks great.

I love Gwok Fu Sing <3

I literally fell for him when I saw 'para para sakura'

Even though I had liked his singing and movies even before that, but this just topped it all off. Not the mention, he's hot, even though he's getting older.. =]

he really age with charms each year. glad that he has made it in his acting career and hope to catch him in yet another successful live concert.

Haven't had new songs for so long... good to hear his new album

i've loved this singer ever since i was around 8 years old and he has been doing a great job. he got the film gold horse award for 2 years in a row! congrats to him!

the first time I actually liked him was when he sang that song... "du ni ai ai ai bu wang" ? (sorry, my pinyin sucks) I used to sing and dance to that song haha =) good old days, haven't listened to any of his new stuff, but his old stuff are definitely good!

Aaron is a great dancer, although his singing skills do have room for improvement.

THe only impression of Aaron is...his mandarin still hasnt improved...lol

Aaron's still got the charm I think. His onstage performances are still dazzling despite hes aging.

I fell in love with him when he first came out into the entertainment scene. even though he is old now, I still think he looks great.

Me too.... I think his career took off after Jacky retired.

Great dancer. And one of the few guys who look good when bald!

Aaron kwok's dancing skills are awesome! I doubt anyone can beat his place in the near time.

i recently downloaded aaron's old video, not on purpose tho and immediately fell in love with him again. i mean, he's so handsome! and even tho he still seems like he's in his 20's, he actually 30-40 something?

aron is not my facvorite, but he sometimes have good songs

I am fan of Aaron kwok. He can dance and sing and also he can act too. he won two awards in taiwan best actor

I've followed his progress ever since he first came out to the industry with his "Tui Ni Ai Bu Wan' song! He was so cute and innocent at the time. Look how he has grown to become such a mascular and well-toned man. I love his acting in Para Para Sakura and I've watched it like a tenth time and still don't get bored with it :D

I probably should get a hold of his new movie, After This Our Exile in which he won his 2nd Best Actor award for. I hope it's really good!

Edited by celeste

Hes a great actor. I swear hes prob one of the best actors in hk, although i haven't seen his new movies I think it is foing to be a fantastic production