Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sh33pymd

These pictures of a double rainbow in Hong Kong will make you fall in love with the city all over again

5 posts in this topic

Source: Coconuts Hong Kong

Double rainbow spotted in Ma Wan on June 16, 2020. Photo: Facebook/Lui Ching

rainbow-mawan.jpg

103985060_10157633257637087_904925405192

103526749_10158601825003921_357534257810

103077712_10157581200368246_274375616187

Hong Kong has been 

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
 lately. Two weekends ago, the observatory hoisted the first black rainstorm warning in three years. Last Saturday, a typhoon battered the city.  

The weather gods must have heard our complaining. Yesterday, after a noon downpour, a stunning double rainbow lit up still-stormy skies. The touch of color was a sight for us—and our smartphones—to behold. 

In the New Territories town of Sham Tseng, the light reflected in the surrounding waters created the illusion of an almost 270-degree rainbow. The arch framed a four-lane highway, the iconic Tsing Ma bridge and towering apartment blocks blessed with a view. Another photo taken in Ma Wan shows the double rainbow over the Tsing Ma Bridge…  which still managed to filter through overcast skies in Yuen Long.

On Cheung Chau island, a rainbow overlooked the village’s fishing port and brought light to a hazy sky. In Tsim Sha Tsui, home to tourist icons like museums, the Avenue of Stars and countless luxury malls, it was the rainbow across the Victoria Harbor that stole the show.

A ferry ride away in Central, a double rainbow proved a symbol of hope for pro-democracy protesters gathered at IFC shopping mall, where they were marking the anniversary of a 

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
 against an unpopular extradition bill last summer. Between singing protest songs and chanting slogans, they stopped to take a picture of the rainbow through the mall’s floor-to-ceiling windows.

the rainbow scenery looks pretty nice. I would want to see that at the spot and the effects looks pretty good. 

1 person likes this

Aw, such a beautiful picture, I sure miss Hong Kong, wonder when will I get to visit again. 

1 person likes this

wow i love the photos! you don't get to see a full rainbow and to have a mirror image of it makes it even more special thanks for sharing!

1 person likes this

How I wish I was in Hongkong to capture this fantastic moment. Rainbows always intrigue me. Have never seen double rainbow this far, certainly a very  rare chance.

1 person likes this