Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sh33pymd

Barber gets 160 hours community service for chopping off stranger’s ponytail on bus

3 posts in this topic

Source: SCMP/On.cc

bkn-20190925103445010-0925_00822_001_01p.jpg?20190925105724

A Hong Kong barber was given 160 hours of community service for chopping off a stranger’s ponytail on a bus because it bothered him. Magistrate Colin Wong Sze-cheung said Allen Yu Kam-lun, 65, deserved “another chance” after learning that he was willing to receive psychiatric treatment to help mend his ways. 

Yu had told the court that he regretted his behaviour when he pleaded guilty earlier this month to one count of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, an offence punishable by three years in jail. “I will change my ways and behave myself,” he said on Wednesday. “I will not break the law.” The magistrate said he considered Yu’s guilty plea, the nature of the case and the amount of hair lost, before he agreed to community service at the recommendation of pre-sentencing reports. Yu’s barber shears were confiscated at the last hearing.

Eastern Court previously heard Yu admitted to cutting the hair of Ting Wai-lam, a 25-year-old engineer, while they were on a Citybus travelling to Aberdeen on January 13. When confronted by Ting, Yu said: “Your hair was getting in my way.” He later admitted to investigators that he had acted on impulse and realised he was wrong. Prosecutors revealed that Yu had 41 prior convictions, most of them acts of dishonesty. But four cases involved violence, including common assault, wounding and fighting in a public place. 

that is not good. he deserve to be perform his community hours. he shouldn't do it in the first place. hope he learn his lesson.

1 person likes this

Hopefully he will not commit the same crime again in the future.