Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sh33pymd

“BoycottMulan” Trends After Crystal Liu Expresses Support for HK Police

4 posts in this topic

Source: Jaynestar/MingPao

146129f0d207f57e4ee4325cfd890352.jpg

14613040093ebfc3dceaab9939aafcea.jpg

The star of Disney’s Mulan, Crystal Liu was met with controversy after the actress reblogged a post supporting Hong Kong police on Weibo. The reblogged Weibo post read, “I support the Hong Kong police. You can beat me up now. What a shame for Hong Kong.” Crystal’s reblog sparked outcry outside of China, especially among pro-democracy netizens. 

Hong Kong protestors, who said they will boycott the film when it will be released on March 26, 2020, were backed by many international supporters, and the hashtag “BoycottMulan” trended on Twitter.  The irony of the situation, as Crystal is a naturalized U.S. citizen. “Real ironic for a naturalized American citizen to sh*t on people fighting for freedom and democracy,” said 

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Mulan, which is Disney’s live-action adaptation of its own 1998 animated film, was not warmly received when it premiered its first trailer earlier this year. Opinions of the film were divided, as many felt that the film was not entirely historically accurate.

3 people like this

she shouldn't even chose, I been she never even been to HK. what a shame for Hong Kong ? What about her? 

1 person likes this

so much things going on at Hong Kong right now, I think she is better off with not choosing. 

1 person likes this

As an artist, she should've stayed neutral. But then again, there are many artists in this industry that likes to make their voices heard. If this is what she stands for, then let it be.