Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sh33pymd

'Sorry, Sammi': HK singer Andy Hui apologises after he was caught cheating on pop star wife

15 posts in this topic

Source: The Straits Times/On.cc/Ming Pao

oncc_odn_ent_20190417.jpg

A tearful Andy Hui faces the press after the release of a video showing him and actress Jacqueline Wong kissing in the back of a car. Photo: Felix Wong

Jacqueline Wong and Andy Hui pictured together before the release of the video on Tuesday. Photo: Instagram

鞠躬謝罪

網民將馬國明Key做的士司機目擊女友「偷食」許志安,夠晒啜核!

Hong Kong singer Andy Hui has said he is "very disgusting" after he was caught cheating on his superstar wife Sammi Cheng, known for pop classics like Worth It (1996).

Hui confessed at a press conference held at a Hong Kong hotel on Tuesday night (April 16), admitting to a dalliance with 30-year-old TVB actress and former Miss Hong Kong first runner-up Jacqueline Wong. He also said he will put his work activities on hold until he finds his "real and right self". He was caught on camera holding hands and kissing in the backseat of a taxi with Wong. Known for such hits as Who Can I Love (2002), he has been married to Cheng, 46, since 2014. The two do not have children. Wong and fellow TVB actor Kenneth Ma, 45, have been dating since 2017. The clip was uploaded by Hong Kong's Apple Daily News on Tuesday afternoon. Hours later, Hui, 51, showed up for a tearful seven-minute appearance. He kept his head bowed throughout and swallowed a sob before apologising to his wife of five years, saying: "Sorry, Sammi." He began the press conference with a deep bow and said: "I want to apologise to my family, Sammi's family, friends and people who love me. Because I did what I cannot make up for, something that will not be forgiven."

Through bouts of crying, Hui explained: "I drank a lot that night but I feel that being drunk is definitely not an excuse to do something so wrong. I am very regretful, I find it hard to face myself and accept myself. "After I saw the report, I found myself very shameful, very wrong, very bad, very disgusting and very unfamiliar. I reflected on why I could not control my lust." In the reportedly 16-minute video that was leaked, Hui and Wong initially share a cab with another man, who alighted first. Before the man exits the cab, Hui can be heard assuring the man that he and Wong will go home separately. After the man leaves, however, Hui and Wong provide only one location to the driver and begin holding hands. At one point, Wong leans over to kiss Hui and his hand rests on her thigh.

According to Hong Kong media, they later left the cab together.  While Hui did not comment on his wife's reaction or their marital status going forward, he said: "I hope that in the future, everyone I hurt, everyone I pained, can be well." As his speech neared the end, he said: "I have no soul. I am a broken man. I hope everyone can give me time to find myself. " He gave another deep bow and left, ignoring all follow-up questions from reporters.

Following the bombshell news, netizens have flooded Hui's Instagram page to express their anger and disappointment, with many asking him to quit the entertainment industry. He posted a similar apology around 7pm on his Instagram with a picture of a black background. Wong has disabled comments on her Instagram page, which has more than 600,000 followers. Cheng's latest Instagram post on Sunday about an eye care supplement has garnered more than 3,300 comments - mostly posted on Tuesday - asking her to stay strong, with some encouraging her to leave Hui.

Hui and Cheng have had a dramatic love affair for close to 30 years. Cheng, also known for her acting in movies like Love On A Diet (2001), began dating Hui in 1991 after they recorded the duet Actually, Do You Have Me In Your Heart. The two broke up in 2004 but after seven years apart, the couple reconciled in 2011 and

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
 after Hui proposed in 2013. Their relationship was once described by comedian Dayo Wong as "Hong Kong's last fairy tale". 

13 people like this

shocking news how can they be so brainless

Love is dead ... 

After all Sammi and Andy have been through, this is the ending? Come on ... dirty shame that Jacqueline would do that and equally dirty shame that Andy didn't stop it. And for sure, this wasn't a one time drunken state behavior ... they looked way too comfortable to pass this off as drunken behavior. Whatever ... good riddance anyway. The only reason he's sorry is cause he got caught, if not this 'hookup' would have continued. It's even shadier of Jacqueline since she was friends with Sammi too ... ugh ... Silver lining for Kenneth is that he sees Jacqueline for who she really is. It's more worrisome/sad for Sammi since her and Andy are married. 

1 person likes this

Speechless. They're both celebrities in relationships with another celebrity, how did they think they wouldn't be caught?

Surprised that for once the man is taking more 'heat' than the female in the affair.

1 person likes this

What Andy said was right; being drunk is not an excuse to act the way you act. First of all, they don't seem that drunk to NOT KNOW what they were doing. Secondly, the taxi driver is suppose to warn his customers that he has a hidden camera in his car so the passengers can decide whether or not to get on. I don't know if that warning was given or not, but Andy and Jacqueline shouldn't have acted like that with or without the hidden camera. I just feel heartbroken for Sammi and Kenneth, especially when they put so much into the relationship and this is the return they get back. 

1 person likes this

I feel for Sammi Cheng and Kenneth Ma.

Feel bad for all involved, hope this blows over soon.

Felt really bad for both Sammi and Kenneth. It is really tough on them especially Sammi who is married. Being an outsider, we can only hope that whatever decision they make will be respected .

1 person likes this

surprising sammi forgave andy hui...i think Kenneth ma will also accept back Jacqueline...lol

Posted (edited)

The lust in him is always there and will display it when opportunity arises. When caught such character will invariably blame it on the influence of alcohol as an excuse. There will not be any public apology if not caught on cam.His public apology implies that he was well aware of his doing.

Edited by agric01
1 person likes this

Feel sorry for Sammi but since she choose to forgive Andy, hope Andy will cherish her more in future & don't cheat on her again...

1 person likes this

I feel sorry for Kenneth and Sammi for sure, Men will be men but damn so foul.

Was shocked and surprised and also disappointed when finding out about this news on Andy Hui and Jacqueline Wong. Feel bad for Sammi Cheng, but from recent news and updates about her forgiving Andy and her trying and staying strong for herself and through all this, good on Sammi.

It has been weeks since this. I was initially shocked, angry and disappointed but now I am indifferent and just want to stop hearing about these two people. Their career is over. If Sammi can forgive Andy then good for her, but I hope he cherishes his wife not cheat on her again. I personally would not take him back but I respect Sammi's decision however I no longer want to listen to his songs or see him on TV again. As for Jacqueline, her career in TVB is over. If she can start over in Canada, then good for her but she needs to be prepared to be judged for this incident for the rest of her life and I don't want to hear any news about her anymore. I hope Kenneth can find a nice girl to settle down with. 

This was really shocking to me, so unlike and unexpected from him.  Poor Sammi but she has forgiven him and will continue to carry on their marriage as normal.  As for the other accused, she is also to be blamed having to entice and subdued Andy as her stepping stone to promote her careers ( quote from online).