sh33pymd

Mother dies, toddler critical in suspected murder-suicide bid

4 posts in this topic

Source: ejinsight/Appledaily/On.cc

oncc_odn_news_20180725.jpg

■涉事單位外的外牆晾衫架染有血迹。

25la1p2.jpg

a0103a.gif

A woman has died and her two-year-old son is in critical condition after they fell from an apartment building on Tuesday, a tragedy which the police have classified as attempted murder and suicide. It is suspected that the mother threw the child out of a window from her flat on the fourth floor of the building before she jumped herself, in a bid to end their lives. 

According to police, they received multiple alerts at around 2:50 pm that a woman and a little boy fell from a height at a building in Yau Tong Estate, a public rental housing complex in Kwun Tong. Officers rushed to the scene and found the mother and child lying unconscious on the ground outside the Wah Tong House building. A check revealed knife wounds on the neck and hands of the woman, who was 35 years in age. The mother was sent to United Christian Hospital, where she was certified dead later. The boy, meanwhile, who was seriously injured, was taken to the pediatric intensive care unit of Queen Elizabeth Hospital for emergency treatment. He escaped death miraculously, but lies in critical condition at the hospital, the Hong Kong Economic Journal reports. After determining the identity of the victims, policemen went to the family’s flat for an inspection. There they found three knives and a suicide note, believed to have been written by the woman.

According to a Kwun Tong District Council member, the woman had been living at the unit since 2015 along with two children, a daughter aged 4 and a son who was born two years later. There have been no records of domestic violence, rent arrears or other complaints against the family, district councilor Lui Tung-hai said. At the time of the tragic incident Tuesday afternoon, the older child had been out with her grandmother, leaving the mother and son alone in the flat. It is believed the woman slashed herself with a knife before throwing the boy, and later herself, from the building.

Citing a person who witnessed the bodies on the ground, Liu said blood was seen gushing from the woman’s wrists which were found with slash marks, suggesting a self-inflicted injury. The deceased woman had a job, but, according to media reports, was suspected to be suffering from postpartum depression. Post-mortem examinations will be conducted to officially ascertain the cause of her death. Police are continuing their investigation, after listing the case as attempted murder and suicide.

1 person likes this

that is sad to hear. I can't the mother would do things like to her own baby. I feel sorry for the toddler who died from this incident.

I can't believe the mother would do things like to her own baby. I feel sorry for the baby. the mother probably suffer some kind of stress.

Depression is nothing to mess with. I guess no one saw the signs. This woman needed help and unfortunately it ended up with her talking her own life and harming her child.