sh33pymd

Wayne Lai hopes to develop his career in China when his contract with TVB expires in May

18 posts in this topic

Source: Asian E-News Portal/Ming Po

5b557d6c967799aae158098e6be3274c.jpg

Wayne Lai  accepted an interview at a radio station on 12 February. His basic contract with TVB will expire at the end of May.  Previously, basic contract means low pay, but Wayne denied it is related to low salary, he remembered the way pay increase in basic salary and discussed about benefits during Ricky Wong's era. Wayne was able to discuss with the company properly this time: "One tends not to retain when one is an adult and what matters most is to build up a good rapport. Hopefully we can change to other working pattern and hopefully it will be more flexible. What we are going to do if we film one series per year and there is no suitable scripts for us? We must film it once we agree."

Wayne disclosed his new plan: "In the New Year, I  am hoping to develop my career such as filming drama series and hosting shows in the mainland. When my son was young, I worried about leaving him in Hong Kong if I worked in China. But now, he is studying in the US by himself . (What about your wife?) She is going with me and do you think I can run away from her? I will not be worried if she is with me."

wow even him leaving, there will be no good drama anymore...First Raymond lam, Ron Ng, and cant believe Wayne!!!

Another great one goes to another channel so sad TVB not going to last long with new faces

Said to hear that he's leaving TVB but wishing him the best on his career.

nooooooooooooooo...........not Wayne too :( sadness...no good people left at TVB at this rate

He worked in mainland before but just not a solid career yet. I felt like the tvb stars who work in mainland either find luck and become really big or they become forgotten and have to return to tvb a decade later

Sad to see wayne leave TVB when his contract ends, another great TVB actor leaving TVB so not being able to see him in upcoming tvb dramas. Wish him all the best in his new career chapter developing it.

Seems like every other actor/actress wants to go to China 

The actors are always complaining of the salarys and load job with TVB. Is it so good to work in mainland? A lot of actors are seeking to leave once the contract is over, so bad.

It is a big loss for TVB to lose Wayne Lai...but it is their own fault for not casting him in better dramas.

wow pretty much all the veteran actor and actresses left tvb to act in china....

Wayne has been with TVB for a very long time. I don't blame him for moving on.

Another one going to leave TVB OMG TVB don't have any actor left nowaday

darn. he'll prob make more money in mainland but I like watching him when his voice is not dubbed. hopefully he'll still do a per series contract or a 1 series/year so we can still watch him!!

It seems like TVB is not really using him anymore. BUt it will be alost for tvb if they cant keep him

Yes, too much TVB actors gone to China for filming now, not much talented actor and actress left  in TVB now.

Tvb still has lots of talents. In fact I think they are overflowed with talents. Almost everyone in tvb can act. It is so competitive that many have been stifled out for a chance to shine.Many 2nd and 3rd tier actor/actresses just faded off or their position remain status quo. I remembered there was one actress who was given a lead role but the drama failed miserably due to poor story plot. She was not given another chance to recover as there are just too many good actresses who are waiting at the wings for the lead role. So even Wayne leaving tvb will be not find it  hard get another another replacement .  

It's cool. When they move on, more opportunities for others!  He'll still be around!