Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sh33pymd

Distressed single mother hands out HK$10,000 in Mong Kok, saying ‘money can’t solve my problems’

5 posts in this topic

Source: Coconuts HK/On.cc

bkn-20171221184556946-1221_00822_001_01p.jpg?20171222072005

In a somewhat tragic burst of generosity a middle-aged woman —seemingly in distress — walked the streets of Mong Kong yesterday, handing out some HK$10,000 (US$1,300) in free money to passersby. The 44-year-old, surnamed Chung, was discovered wandering around Shamchun Street with a large stack of bills — all HK$500 and HK$1,000 notes — and asking people whether they wanted her money.

Chung, an out-of-work single-mother, told Oriental Daily 

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
. “Money can’t solve my problems, so I give it to those in need,” she told the newspaper. “I’m so stressed out; how can I be happy? But I want to make the neighborhood happy,” Chung added.

According to the outlet, more than 10 people took cash from Chung. Some, however, called the police when she reportedly said she wanted to “find a place to jump from a building”. Police and ambulance arrived to help, but Chung insisted on not going to hospital, saying that there was nothing wrong with her. Hours after policemen walked her home, she came out again in the evening carrying more money. Chung told the newspaper that her daughter, whom she had raised alone since getting divorced 10 years ago, was becoming rebellious and she blamed herself. “I pushed her too hard because I want her to be the best. I feel so guilty,” Chung said. Asked if social workers had offered any help, Chung said that they only told her to ignore her daughter. “How is that possible?” “I’d like to donate everything to the government if only my daughter can be happy!”

1 person likes this

Everyone deal with stress their own way.  You can only keep an eye on her and make sure she doesn't hurt herself or anyone else.  Hope she finds happiness in herself.

Of all the things that can happen this isn't too bad.  

I guess she was trying to "build kharma" for her daughter. I hope this helps in the universe of things but she might have been better off spending that money with a therapist to help her and her daughter out.

This is not the way how to handle stress.  She should go to counsellor to ask for help instead of handling out the money.