Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sh33pymd

The Tofu War series: Netizens felt disgusted with kissing scene between Elaine Yiu and Dominic Lam

7 posts in this topic

Source: ASian E-News Portal/Ming Pao

2fb2a5bb955b4619aa9e1360209ed0a8.jpg

2fc48d37bb2ae7ae3920c77417caa094.jpg

Elaine Yiu has kissing scene with Dominic Lam in "The Tofu War " series. Some netizens felt "disgusted" and would not accept the "96 years old kiss". She explained: "Perhaps the audiences like the kissing scene between Joel Chan and me as the on-screen couple. They even tell us to go on a real date as well. That's why it causes the comparison and I don't mind it at all. Hope everyone understands that the artiste may not act according to their real age and character. For example: I act as a mother although not having any children in reality yet. Hope everybody focuses on our performance and let's have another kiss after 4 years so as to mark it as 100 year- old kiss."

Nancy Sit was also present at the same event. She revealed that she will be releasing her own food brand before Christmas. She has invested a 7 digits sum of money , her daughter also helps her out with that investment. As Nancy has location shooting in Macau for "Return of the Cuckoo" she  is concerned about the disasters caused by the typhoon there.

i think she shouldn't be that serious in the acting part since it is not real... in real life it would look awkward kissing the person who is pretty old...

why does it matter...

by the way Elaine's math is off, 2 years later not 4

Elaine and Dominic kissing did not bother me. I was more bothered when Tavia started biting Damian Lau's lip in that series a few years ago. 

The kiss didn't really bother me.  They're just playing their roles.  If it were real life then I wouldn't feel the same way.

if the actual people kissing are okay with it (or at least doing it because of their jobs) don't see what the issue is.  

I guess the general audience still can't accept the age difference, since it ruins the perfect image of the celebs they like. But who cares...its acting, so it shouldn't matter, its their job.