Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sh33pymd

Chow Yun-fat spotted clearing fallen trees after Typhoon Hato wreaks havoc in Hong Kong

13 posts in this topic

Source: Coconuts HK

1503472648_1126.jpg

1503472647_e004.jpg

While Chow Yun-fat may be famous for being a great actor, the A-lister is also reputed to be very friendly and down to earth. Earlier today, the Hong Kong actor lived up to his reputation as an all-around good dude after he was seen clearing debris which had blown onto the roads of Kowloon during Severe Typhoon Hato.

At around 2pm this afternoon, a netizen posted snaps of himself with Chow Yun-fat on Waterloo Road in Kowloon to Instagram. In the caption of the now-deleted photos, the fan said he bumped into “Brother Fat” (as Chow is affectionately known to Cantonese speakers) picking up fallen branches and twigs which had been blown onto the road by the hurricane.

Chow later told 

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
 that he was driving home when he saw Typhoon Harto’s trail of destruction. “There were these fallen trees blocking the road. I got out of the car and picked them up so that people could use the roads again,” he said.

The Observatory issued Typhoon Signal No. 10 today for the first time since 2012. The warning signal has since been downgraded three times — to No. 8 at 2:10pm, No. 3 at 5:10pm, and No. 1 at 6:20pm.  As of 3:30pm, the government has received 466 reports of fallen trees.

4 people like this

Its not often that you see a superstar do work for the public when there is no camera around. I think this is why ppl love him. 

1 person likes this

wow, he still goes out with the weather like this? hope everyone is okay in HK

wow, a huge star like brother fat helping out in this kind of situation is really rare! good on him! 

Love Fat Gor! I think that it is great that a normal person will take their own time to clear the danger from the streets, and to have a superstar do that when he could be safe and warm at home, is even more special. 

HKG ppl although at times are quite rude but they are kind inside. Hope everyone is okay.

Always good to see an A class Star leading by example. I think the others should follow as well.

wow indeed a very good citizen helping in time of this crisis

lol, that is pretty good of him! such a nice thing to do

I sill remember he days of A Better Tomorrow and Gambling God.  The man still looks the same.  How does he do it.  I guess it has to be Karma.  Some good Ju Ju.  Who says good guys always finish last doesn't know Fat Gor.

That is so good and kind of chow yun fat to do that as a good citizen and for the community! Great example of showing help, thoughtfulness and kindness.

He is a very nice guy and very down to earth, if only most of the superstars can be like him and not take their roles for granted.

Fat Gor is really a nice guy, and will always did everything without any hope for his reputation