Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sh33pymd

Eight injured after corrosive liquid rains inside Tsuen Wan mall

4 posts in this topic

Source: ejinsight

Eight people were injured when corrosive liquid dripped from the ceiling of a shopping mall in Tsuen Wan on Sunday. Photo: Internet

Eight people were injured when corrosive liquid dripped from the ceiling of a shopping mall in Tsuen Wan, the Hong Kong Economic Journal reports. The black liquid was found dripping from lamp shades attached to a false ceiling at AEON department store at Skyline Plaza on Sunday, according to Apple Daily.

Two males and six females aged between 11 and 60 suffered burns on their heads, arms, and necks. Small burn holes were seen in the victims’ clothing. One of the victims, a housewife surnamed Lam, said the liquid dripped on her while she was taking the escalator up to the second floor. Her husband was also injured, although their daughter was unscathed. The couple received treatment before being taken to Yan Chai Hospital. Another victim said he was on the phone when he felt something dripping on his arm, causing a burning sensation and immense pain. He said he also found holes in the sleeves of his shirt.

The victims were all taken to Yan Chai Hospital, although four of them were later transferred to Kwong Wah Hospital for further treatment. The affected area in the mall was cordoned off for public safety. A spokesperson for the Tsuen Wan police district said a maintenance team hired by the mall had used a high pressure pump to clean the drainage with corrosive liquid following a complaint earlier in the week about a clogged pipe on the third floor. It is suspected that several sewage pipes had burst due to wear and tear from frequent use. No one was arrested while police investigation continued.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that is pretty rare to see in the shopping mall.. hopefully maintenance people in the building can investigate this incident to find out where the corrosive water coming from....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those people are so careless to use such a strong liquid acid.  They should be charged for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yikes! That is a first! Scary to know that such a corrosive liquid was used yet the pipes were not properly cleaned or maintained. Hope the victims recover soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0