Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sh33pymd

Tearful wife pleads for new heart to save her husband

7 posts in this topic

Source:SCMP/Appledaily

1492677131_8d75.jpg

1492677267_bd14.jpg

The wife of a 50-year-old electronic engineer is appealing for a new heart to save her husband. Tearful Lilian Ip Lai-fong said on Thursday she felt “scared and helpless every day” for Sin Chi-wa, who suffers from organ failure.

Sin was first admitted to Tuen Mun Hospital for an angioplasty procedure on October 25 last year after having a heart attack at work. He was transferred to the ­intensive care unit at Queen Mary Hospital on the same day after doctors found his heart muscle was not functioning. On November 9, a mechanical pump was implanted, but doctors said his heart was still operating at 15 per cent less than normal and there were fears of further ­infection.

Dr Cally Ho Ka-Lai, consultant at the department of cardiothoracic surgery in Queen Mary ­Hospital, said Sin had suffered further complications – such as strokes and infections – over the past few months. She said Sin, who is 183cm tall and weighs 64kg, would need a heart from someone who is at least 160cm tall and belongs to blood type A or O. Sin’s older brother, Sin Chi-Keung, also made a public appeal for donors. “I couldn’t control my tears and simply didn’t know what to do when I saw my brother in bed,” he said.

So far, two heart transplants have been performed this year, but about 30 people are said to be still waiting for organs. Last year, a total of 12 heart and nine lung transplants were ­conducted.

1 person likes this

that is pretty sweet that the wife donate the hear organ to her husband.. this actually encourages other patients to donate organs to save other patient's lives if possible...

1 person likes this

A very Awesome Doctor.and A great person.

1 person likes this

hopefully he can have good health and fast recovery for the future.

1 person likes this

I wish them all the best.  But waiting for a major organ transplant such as a heart is a very lengthy process.

1 person likes this

Wish all the time to him.  There will someone out there to match his required type of heart.

1 person likes this

wish him and his family the best. Hopefully he can recover in the near future

1 person likes this