sh33pymd

Woman, 55, stabbed by daughter over who should wait for a seat for dimsum

6 posts in this topic

Source: ejinsight/Appledaily

03la2p4.jpg

A 55-year-old woman was injured after she was attacked by her 28-year-old daughter with a kitchen knife following an argument at their home in Chai Wan on Sunday.

Police said the mother, surnamed Yam, and her daughter, surnamed Chan, had an argument over who should go out to wait for a seat for lunch at around 1 p.m., Sing Tao Daily reports. Chan’s father was supposed to have lunch with them, but he left the house without making any arrangement. Chan's mother then suggested they could go out for dimsum, but Chan should go to the restaurant first to wait for a seat, Chan refused.

Neighbors said the two constantly quarreled because Chan did not want to look for a job, Ming Pao Daily reported. They also said Chan had a history of drug abuse, having been arrested for possession of methamphetamine three years ago. After being rebuffed by her mother, Chan stormed into the kitchen, pulled out a 12-centimeter knife and attacker her mother.

Yam sustained at least eight wounds to her face and hands, but she managed to run out of the apartment, leaving behind a four-meter-long trail of blood, and called the police for help with her mobile phone. Responding policemen, some with batons and shields, arrested Chan and took her to the Chai Wan police station. Yam was taken on an ambulance to the Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital.

The case has been classified as an assault. Investigators from the Eastern District police are trying to determine whether Chan was under the influence of drugs when she attacked her mother. No drugs were found inside the flat.

Oh my goodness me, a very silly domestic accident, I hope the mum will have a speed recovery and luckily no fatal death,

That is just insane! I know people don't like to wait for a seat at a restaurant but there is no need to make a big fuss over it!

Oh lord. Couldn't believe the daughter stabbed her mother. She should be put behind bars .

that is pretty crazy. I can't believe the daughter would do things like that. she deserve to be arrested for stabbing the 55 years woman.

She stabbed her mother because she didn't want to be the one to wait for seats at a restaurant. She either has anger issues and will snap for the most ridiculous reasons or she was under the influence of drugs. Well, prison might help with her addiction.