Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sh33pymd

Andy Lau airlifted back to Hong Kong after suffering horse-riding injury in Thailand

51 posts in this topic

Source: Coconuts HK/Appledaily?MingPao

fcd3c3dfdacbd55b910f01f8909c6867.jpg

fcd41167de903e8ad00b6c633f907578.jpg

19ec1p4.jpg

20170119c1g1.jpg

20170119c1g2.jpg

1484762293_39f4.jpg

1484762558_2544.jpg

fcd3f4cf937ef1b2a253b42ce98b85e9.jpg

Hong Kong superstar Andy Lau was rushed back to Hong Kong in the early hours of today after he sustained pelvic fractures from a horseback-riding accident in Thailand.

The 55-year-old star was filming a commercial outside of Bangkok which required a scene of him riding a horse, Coconuts Bangkok reports. Sometime during the shoot on Tuesday, the horse suddenly threw Lau off its back and reportedly stepped on his lower body, according to Apple Daily. He was immediately rushed to a local Thai hospital for treatment. At around 12:15 today (Jan. 19), Lau arrived at Hong Kong International Airport on an emergency medical plane and was taken to the Hong Kong Sanatorium and Hospital in Happy Valley.

A statement posted by a subsidiary of his production company, Focus Group, read: "Whilst filming an advertisement in Thailand on January 17, 2017, Mr. Andy Lau was injured when a horse stepped on him and fractured his pelvis. A medical team took care of him and everything is fine at the moment. There is no cause for concern."

The actor, who has had a thriving music career since 1985, is fondly known as one of the "Four Heavenly Kings of Cantopop", which also includes fellow singers Jacky Cheung, Aaron Kwok and Leon Lai. Lau has appeared in over 180 movies, but is perhaps best known for his starring role in the 2002 film "Infernal Affairs", which was later adapted by American director Martin Scorsese into the Academy Award-winning film, "The Departed", in which his character was played by Hollywood actor Matt Damon. His latest movie, a fantasy epic called "The Great Wall", also starring Matt Damon, is currently in cinemas.

1 person likes this

OMG that is awful! Hope he is OK! Must be soooo painful!

How terrible. Hope it is not too serious. Hope he will recover soon.

Oh Noo, I hope he recovering soon. He is good actor, has good personality and everything.

I hope Andy will be alright and that the injury wasn't too serious. Pelvic fractures take a long time to heal.

Praying for Andy Lau a speedy recovery. This remind of a incident that happen to Christopher Reeve aka Superman when he fell off a horse.

omg i hope its not too serious. hope he recovers quickly.

Hope Andy gets better soon. I guess this may be a blessing in disguise as he can stay at home and spend time with family

OOOHHHHH Poor Andy.... Hope he recovers quickly and feel better soon

i hope andy will a speedy recovery. gosh it is so dangerous to film with a horse

oh wow, that sounds pretty bad. the company really should have done more research into the animals' behaviours and picked a gentle horse. hope he is ok soon, lots of fans are awaiting his recovery

All animals big or small has a wild nature by nature. Its the way of mother earth.

i wished they had all the safety precautions performed before they had andy on the horse..hopefully he will be able to recover soon..

it's so scary and pain ful - wish him well soon!!

Oh no! That's so awful. I wish him a speedy recovery and that there won't be lasting ill effects. Add oil!!

That is a terrible incident! Hope Andy is doing ok and have a fast recovery!

Hope he get well soon and stay strong through this ordeal.

ouch remember some of his music video had horses in it too..but guess now he will be staying away from it

Hope Andy get well soon. You're the best. Always support.

Thanks goddess that he is 👌 hopefully will recover soon!! God blessed him and his family!! ❤️❤️

I'm glad that Andy is fine. Any fall like that is very scary.