Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sh33pymd

Sha Tin Spider-Man: Man scales 9 floors of an apartment block in gravity-defying stunt

5 posts in this topic

Source: Coconuts HK/Appledaily

1479806272_9a7d.jpg

sun_tin_wai_estate_spider.jpg

A clip of a man scaling up an apartment block like it's NBD has gone viral on Hong Kong social media. The video, which was posted on Facebook yesterday, shows the unidentified man nimbly hoisting himself up to the ninth floor of an apartment building in less than a minute... despite the existence of stairs, elevators, and gravity.

The incident took place on Sun Tin Wai Estate in Sha Tin at around 11:20am. A witness told Apple Daily that a group of young residents were playing a ball game around that time and occasionally punted the ball too far, and speculated that the man in the video could have been sent up to retrieve it.

While netizens were mostly amazed by the man's agility, many remarked on the sheer danger of his foolish feat. One commenter warned the estate's residents to "lock their windows and doors", while another drily noted, "He can get home faster like that than by taking the lift."

I wonder what the hell this guy was thinking! I also wonder if he got arrested as some guy did this state side and got arrested for it.

The design of the building does seem to make it easy for someone to climb if they do not have a fear of heights. I am suprised that there has not been many roberies prior to this. I just hope that people who hear of this do not try and do something similar. It would be interesting to see what happened to the guy and whether he was caught, climbed back down or took the stairs.

Man. The video is down. I wish I can see it. Just looking at the screenshot that is insane and scary! He has a lot of guts!

wow. this guy is so brave when he hanging there. he should arrested for doing things like that in the public area.