Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sh33pymd

Father gets probation for threatening to kill school staff over son’s bad grades

10 posts in this topic

Source: Coconuts HK

7d864066ada61cb03db41e62516277e0.jpg

e30d6af736394097f28c0d0a2493baea.jpg

A 51-year-old father was sentenced to 12 months of probation at Eastern Magistrates’ Courts today for threatening staff at a school his son attends as he was upset over the boy’s grades. The man, surnamed Wong, admitted to three counts of committing acts of intimidation, reports HK01. Unsatisfied with grades his son obtained on a HKDSE exam, Wong called the school three times in September and spoke to a vice-principal and two secretaries. He reportedly said, “Do you believe that I’m coming to the school to chop someone?”; “I will set fire to the school”; and “I will chop whoever I see with a knife”.

In court, the magistrate asked Wong if he had been a good student himself. Advising Wong to “sort himself out” before dealing with his son, the magistrate also said, “Life is not just about grades — character is just as important,” according to Sing Tao Daily. Speaking to reporters after his sentencing, Wong purportedly said he “didn’t know speaking in such a way constitutes a crime” — but added that he would not repeat his actions again.

Just because your son can't cut it in school doesn't give you the right to threaten the school staff? He got off easy for this. If it was me I would force him to attend anger management classes.

well i would take him to the police so they can tell him by his self and not a whole group..

hahahaha obviously the father was no star student himself if he didn't know that making threats was a crime. what can the school do about his son being bad at school, just study harder

The father should teach the son better himself and not blame the school or the teachers.

He seriously didn't know that making threats like that was a crime? You don't threaten, you go to the school and speak to the teachers and get involved in your child's education and see were your child's weaknesses are and get them some academic help.

Such an idiot. Get some tutor for your kids if their grade is bad! Threatening the teacher/school won't help!

As a father, Mr. Wong should have encouraged his son to seek more academic help at school and study harder ... threatening to kill school staff and burning down the school will not help his son in improving the child's bad grades. :76:

He deserved that. threatening will not help the son's performance. What he should do is hire a tutor to help his son in school or asked him to study harder.

that is just not right to do. the parents can't blame everything to the teacher at school. there is some responsibility that goes to the parents as well.