Source: SCMP/On.cc/MingPao

bkn-20160911224735585-0911_00862_001_05b.jpg

bkn-20160911224735585-0911_00862_001_01p.jpg

1473605389163_4F670BBC6E515D12AEA905A75A2DAE8C.JPG

1473605755592_A3393CB1E67EADFF30F1E2E7B98327E1.jpg

1473605893652SF_C91EBFE8AFB14016ACE51A12E6B69EF1.jpg

1473603678792_D69E2AEF2380757EEC594217E30F8B3F.jpg

0913-00282-001b4.jpg

University of Hong Kong graduate Crystal Fung was crowned Miss Hong Kong in the annual TVB pageant final on Sunday night after securing more than 36,000 votes. Hong Kong residents were invited to use a TVB mobile phone app to vote for their favourite from among four finalists, who were chosen from 10 contestants by a jury panel. Fung, 22, said she aspires to become a nutritionist to help people nurture healthy dietary patterns and find the right ways to live.

University student Tiffany Lau, 19, clinched the first runner-up spot, along with the Miss Photogenic title. Her ambition is to help the needy and to influence others with her optimistic personality, she said. Second runner-up Bonnie Chan, 26, runs an online fashion business and wants to become a TVB actress and host. She was also first runner-up in the 2013 Miss Chinese Toronto pageant.

The new Mr Hong Kong was also crowned, in the first such crossover final. Jackson Lai, a 30-year-old married model and actor said to bear a resemblance to actor Louis Koo Tin-lok, failed to hold back tears after he was offered the honour. He secured more than 44,000 votes from the public. The first runner-up place went to university student Karl Ting, 19, followed by the second runner-up school teacher Freeyon Chung, 27.

The quality this year was quite impressive. I thought the majority of the miss HK And mr HK were beautiful and performed well.

Congrats to all winners, i cried a little when watching the ending part, so many touching speeches.

I don't see the resemblance to Koo Tin Lok but congratulations to the winners! Looking forward to seeing them in TVB shows.

Congrats to all of them and hope to see them soon in upcoming tvb dramas!

I'm really disappointed to see the Miss HK pageant include Mr. HK. Since nobody watches Mr. HK, then it makes more sense to cancel it altogether.

I found it interesting that these pageants are pretty much a stepping stone to becoming a TVB artist

congratulations to the both of them! hope to see them in tvb dramas in the future.

Don't think Mr. HK resembles Louis Koo. And I thought you had to be single to participate in Mr. HK.

congrat to all the winners hope they have a good opportunities coming to them

Feel like the miss kong kong are never as pretty as the past and mr hong kong's are okay looking

congratulations to both of the winners. maybe it is a better format this way to have both the miss and mr hong kong pageants together so as not to disturb the regular programming twice in a year lol

The queen looks hot, her future is secure. All Miss Hong Kong winners are guaranteed a good career in the entertainment industry. Plus the beauty product endorsements too.. congratulations all the winner 2016!

format was a bit different but not too bad, the candidates for Ms HK this year wasn't bad and pretty decent!

Congratulations to Jackson and Crystal! I look forward to seeing Crystal in future TVB shows!

congratulations to both winners! good to see the public voting for the winner =)

finally the contestants quality is picking up the previous years started making me lose hope for HK beauty pageants, no offence intended and definitely my own opinion

Congrats to all the winners!!! I would said this year's Miss Hong Kong looks much better!!!

Congratulations to the winners. The format used this year was a bit different but the contestants were pretty impressive.

Congratulations to all the winners. All the best to them in their careers.

congrats to the newly appointed mr and miss hong kong... look forward to seeing them in tvb in near future..