sh33pymd

4,000 chickens killed in poultry farm fire in Yuen Long

4 posts in this topic

Source: CoconutsHK

Youtube: Appledaily

1471398326198_8F3962E45BBBCE763F9B97CEC1E6B2DA.jpg

1471398310535_CEC44A54C95519FF4BECE30B51A8412C.jpg

1471398294857_C93616B7484D0A2BB856A15B8ABABE91.jpg

Thousands of chickens were killed in a fire at a poultry farm in Pat Heung early this morning. The fire broke out at one of the farm's buildings just after 4am today, Ming Pao reports. The blaze spread to a neighbouring unit before it was put out.

Firefighters used two jets and two breathing apparatus teams for 15 minutes to extinguish the flames. The farm's proprietor estimated his monetary loss to be around HKD20,000. He told reporters that there were 4,000 newborn chicks in the unit where the fire first broke out, all of which died. Some of the larger chickens in the other affected unit also died, but the total loss count has not been finalised. Initial investigations suggest that there were no suspicious circumstances, and the fire is suspected to have been caused by a faulty heater.

I feel really sorry for that chicken farmer as he has just lost his entire stock!

I feel sorry for the 4,000 newborn chicken ....the farmer will loss all the stock! :(

that is not good. the owner of the farm just lost all that money after one fire incident which burn down the entire farm. I feel sorry for him.