Followers 0
sh33pymd

Snack shock: Syringe needle found in pineapple bun

12 posts in this topic

Source: Appledaily/ejinsight

Youtube: pop.stheadline.com

1469075604_8079.jpg

1469070789_139c.jpg

A syringe needle was found inside a pineapple bun at a cha chaan tang in Tsim Sha Tsui, but the restaurant refuses to accept responsibility, saying the bread came from a supplier, Headline Daily reports. A picture showing a syringe needle stuck in a half-eaten bun was posted online recently.

A Singaporean tourist had ordered the snack, and was shocked to find the foreign object as she was eating the bread. The restaurant tried to waive the bill but the customer insisted that the owner must offer a proper explanation.

Police said they received a report at around 6 p.m. on Wednesday from a woman about a syringe needle found in a bun. The case has been classified as a dispute. Some netizens suggested that the woman undergo blood tests as the syringe might be contaminated or used by someone suffering from a communicable disease or a drug addict.

That is disgusting! I hope nobody was seriously hurt when they ate at that cafe!

that is so dangerous and disgusting!!!! I hope it didn't stab her when she was eating it!

Where did that come from?? I know what a large bakery looks like and there are no syringes in the baking process. I seriously hope someone didn't intend to put it there.

How does that even happen? Did one of the suppliers get pissed off and put it there on purpose? Factory and warehouse job employees are prone to do that. Just saying...

If I was the customer I would be worried. There is no knowing where the syringe has been and what disease it may have. I would have expected the police to have at least recommended the customer gets tested or to arrange testing of the syringe. I am suprised that the case is just being classified as a dispute and nothing more is done to try and trace the origins of the syringe and to ensure that such contamination of food never happens again.

Wow ... that is gross, disgusting, dangerous, and possibly deadly if the female Singaporean tourist actually ate the pineapple bun without noticing the syringe inside her food :76: ... restaurants and vendors who sell food must take the issue of food safety seriously otherwise people will get hurt when they eat their food without noticing anything inside.

Oh too bad that's disgusting, that's why I don't really trust eating outside.

The women definitely needs to get herself checked out. There is no telling where that syringe has been and whether it is contaminated. The store staff had the audacity to offer to waive the bill and push aside the real issue.

that is not good. I can't believe there are all kinds of things in the fruits. people need to be more careful when buying these fruits.

This is not a joke  whoever did that should be put in jail forever.

We have heard of pins deliberately stuck on seats and now we have pin found in a bread. This is really serious. I cannot imagine the consequences if the pin got swallowed accidentally  let alone the germs and everything. The police should  investigate and catch the culprit.