Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sh33pymd

10-foot python with swollen belly released in Yuen Long

6 posts in this topic

Source: ejinsight/Appledaily

05la8p3.jpg

yuen_long_-_men_lifting_snake.jpg

Villagers at Lam Hau Tsuen in Yuen Long have caught a 10-foot python that they suspect of having gobbled up a lamb, but decided to release it instead of handing it over to the authorities, Apple Daily reports.

The giant snake was found lying on the grass in a village farm, apparently resting in the sunshine. It had a bulging abdomen, leading villagers to suspect that it had just swallowed a lamb from the farm. They caught the python without much effort because it could barely move. They carried it to a hillside and set it free.

A spokesman for the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department said a python that is caught alive is normally sent to the Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden for check-up by veterinarians. If the snake is found to be in healthy condition, it is set free in one of the country parks that are far from residential areas. In May last year, a Burmese python was caught alive in Sai Kung after it apparently swallowed a domestic goat.

They should have called animal control as a python that size could easily swallow a child!

10-foot python swallowed up a lamb ... villagers should have called animal control.

WHy would u just release it so close to civilization? SShould have turned it in to the authorities.

Oh dear me, I hope it can't make its way back to the village. I hate snakes.

wow. that is a pretty big python. hopefully hong kong government find a way to deal with this case and somewhere release it back to the wild.