Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sh33pymd

Raymond Lam comes from Qin Dynasty? He is clueless how to use the Octopus card for train

24 posts in this topic

Source: Asia E-News

Edited by: R.E.D @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

bkn-20160627212149571-0627_00862_001_01p.jpg

bkn-20160627212149571-0627_00862_001_02b.jpg

bkn-20160627212149571-0627_00862_001_03b.jpg

bkn-20160627212149571-0627_00862_001_04b.jpg

bkn-20160627212149571-0627_00862_001_05b.jpg

"Male God" Raymond Lam received a card for "free train rides for a lifetime" when attending an event organised by MTR earlier but it appeared useless to him. He said he seldom takes the metro and his remark about unaware that octopus card could be used to take train shocked the whole world. The netizens felt he was exaggerating but some defended Raymond, saying that they are not surprised that he was unaware of it. After all, Raymond is the 'most famous singer in Asia and his dad was a wealthy businessman in Xiamen and they could buy over the train company if they wish to.

However, the netizens asked if Raymond came from Qin dynasty as he was clueless at using octopus card. Come to think of it, Raymond acted as Chiu Poon who became the Emperor in "A Step into the Past" (尋秦記) series and he used horse carriage for transport. Hence, he didn't use car and not to mention about train. How is it possible for Chiu Poon to use octopus card?

Many netizens hope Raymond will donate the card for 'free train rides for a lifetime' as lucky draw since it is useless to him. Ever wonder why Raymond was given the card in the first place? Some netizens commented that because he doesn't take the train and he doesn't know how to use the octopus card either, that is why he was given the "free train rides for a lifetime".

I guess he was already getting famous when the octopus card came out...but I'm still surprised he has no clue since it's used literally everywhere!

Thats funny, Im a bit surprised that he doesnt know since its so widely used.

No surprise to me. If he doesn't take mass transit then there's no need for him to learn how the octopus card works. People are too hard on him.

What a waste, maybe can do a transfer to some one who needs it more than he do.

I find it hard to believe that he does not know what the card is for since it is so common in HK. Even if he does not use it for transportation, he should probably know that it could be used as a debit card of sorts....unless he never goes grocery shopping or pas for gas?

wait.......how can he not know what an octopus card is and how to use it? i grew up in California and when i went back to HK, i knew how to use one. even if he doesn't write the mtr system, what about buying food from 7-eleven or vending machines? is he really that clueless?

shows how these people are really like

octopus card is more than just the mtr, it started there but used so widely afterwards with groceries, 7-11/Circle K, major food chains, pretty much anything you can name

pretty much more important than an HK ID card

LOL. He must feel very dumb since he is a hong kong citizen. The octopus card is almost universally accepted everywhere at HK. SMH!

wait.......how can he not know what an octopus card is and how to use it? i grew up in California and when i went back to HK, i knew how to use one. even if he doesn't write the mtr system, what about buying food from 7-eleven or vending machines? is he really that clueless?

Well, duh! If you went to HK, of course you would need to find out about such things. I visited HK a couple of times and naturally I had to do "homework" about how to get around. Raymond never needed to take mass transportation, so he never needed to learn such things. And since he doesn't have the octopus card, he would just pay cash if he ever went to 7-Eleven. You only use octopus card at these places if you had one.

whoa...just makes me wonder, how super rich is he to not know about the octopus card...

omg hard to believe that raymond does not know how to use an octopus card!!

I'm surprise that he doesnt know what is Octopus but this matter can be forgiven, as he is busy and coming from a wealthy family they probably do not take public transport.

Not that surprising since he probably never had to use it coming from a wealthy family and doing the job he does.

that's pretty hard to believe...even if he doesn't use it, he should notice people around him using it...but whatever its funny though

People do need to realise that Raymond has always been well-off and probably was driven everywhere when he was young. After he became famous, he either drove or got a company car to take him around. And he is nto the type to go into 7-11 to shop so what is the big deal that doesn;t know what is an Octopus card?

Why would he ever use it? His family is rich. He has people getting everything for him prior to him being an actor.

I am not surprise about this. I doesn't think he take mass transit for long long time. Don't be too hard on him.

LOOL raymond lam... I mean it is his first time using it, not really surprised he doesnt know for the first time even though its common in HK

Very normal a celebrity like him doesn´t use the train, he will be easy recognized and that will be a problem.

It is no surprise as he won't/can't take the train He is so famous he will be mob if he do that It is better he take the car . Anyway he can afford it