Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sh33pymd

Myolie Wu sang "Someone Like You" in Transboundary Singer, received good feedback

13 posts in this topic

Source: MingPao

Youtube: Appledaily

Translated by : R.E.D @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

be26aa16fb58f323436afeab358c12a9.jpg

be26be2cc21d7613dfecc77185cda410.jpg

be26ca09094928a6bbce258034a76982.jpg

Myolie Wu recently took part in Beijing's TV singing programme "Transboundary Singer" as a contestant. Dressed in an elegant deep V black outfit, she sang Adele's famous song (Someone Like You). After 30 second of her singing, one of the judges Eric Moo reacted with an "O" shape mouth and said "Ha". The other judge Kay Huang pointed out that Myolie used the wrong technique to sing this song and she also lacked of emotion. Despite all that and after discussion among all the judges, they decided to let Myolie go on stage.

After Myolie's performance, she received lots of applause by the audience. The judges were also pleased with her performance. When asked by one of the judges what she was thinking when she was singing, Myolie replied "I am a strong believer in "love", therefore I understand this song. Although this is a sad song, I sang it in a positive manner. It is sad that you have gone, but I will wait for my Mr Right to come along". Some netizens associated Myolie with her ex-lover Bosco Wong, they reckoned the song was meant for him.

Early yesterday morning, Myolie posted in weibo, thanking everyone for their support. She revealed that she was in fact very nervous on stage "The first time when I faced the judges, my heart nearly jumped out from my mouth. I often feel I perform better in rehearsal then live show, but this is my problem. Maybe that is why I haven't produced new song anymore".

Adele has powerful vocal, it's really hard to sing her signature song such as Someone Like You, Rolling In The Deep, Skyfall and the latest one Hello.

Nah, it was really meant for her dead goldfish when she was little. Netizens really have too much time on their hands.

was brave she attempt that song. even though she know she not professional singer.

Myolie has a good voice and can sing quite well too :)

great song choice myolie! wish u the best endeavours for the show =)

Myolie has many hidden talents. Glad she's doing something more meaningful

good voice but nothing spectaculuar though about her performance...

she sounded terrible when she sang. i cannot believe she thought it sound good at all.

Can say she is very brave for a try ... she sing quite ok if see from she is just an actress instead

of singer .. consider very good , but her impression abit funny or over , thats why Eric Moo " harrr "

Actually I do not consider Myolie as a real singer...just an actress who wanted to branch out...just like Bosco is not a real singer to me....

Her version is not bad, I thought. Maybe now she might consider to be a singer on top of being an actress

I think Myolie has a wonderful voice. Hope she continue this route!