Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sh33pymd

2016 Miss Hong Kong Pageant Holds First Round Interviews

12 posts in this topic

Source: On.cc

Translated by: R.E.D @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

0609-00282-001b1.jpg

Maggie

0609-00282-001b3.jpg

Crystal

0609-00282-001b4.jpg

Angellica

0609-00282-001b5.jpg

Queenie

0609-00282-001b8.jpg

Sophie

0609-00282-001b6.jpg

Joyce

130 Miss Hong Kong hopeful had their first round of interviews at TVB City studios in Tseung Kwan O the other day. This year, the Miss Hong Kong Pageant finals will be in conjunction with Mr. Hong Kong contest. Many of the contestants have very good academic backgrounds, including graduates from Cambridge, LSE, Manchester as well well from local Hong Kong University.

On the day of the interviews, 22 years old Maggie, a graduate from the Ivey Business School at the University of Western Ontario, Canada caught the media's attention with her cute red dress. On the other hand, 23 years old fashion design student Sophie from London Kingston University was said to resemble Bernice Liu, she wore a black dress. She often posts in facebook and Instagram dressed in sexy outfit, even Louisa Mak's (Miss HK 2015) boyfriend is said to be her follower.

Physics graduate Angelica, also from Cambridge is dubbed as "The Cambridge Angel” by the media for her academic background. However, local representative Crystal Fung who is a Hong Kong University graduate with a major in Food, Dietetics & Nutrition. She has 1,6000 followers in her Instagram. She is being called "Pose Queen". One the other hand, an older contestant Joyce Ngai, a 26 years old lawyer appeared with a casual white sleeveless blouse. Queenie who has a Master degree in Public Communication from the Chinese University also made a good impression with the media reporters.

I like Joyce... maybe cause I'm also 26 and a impending lawyer hahaha. Though, if we're basing this off looks, then Maggie and Crystal also looks quite nice, just out of these few. However, I don't think the Sophie girl looks at all like Bernice.

They're holding the Miss HK pageant at the same time as Mr. HK pageant? That's because nobody cares to watch Mr. HK.

As for Joyce Ngai, there's nothing wrong with being a lawyer, but I guess entertainment and being adored by many is a lot more fun even though that ship has sailed years ago.

Looks to be a great year for the pagent, nice girls and not just all looks

It has been years since I have watched the Miss HK pageant...the production is not what it once was. I hope they have something better this year...

haven't watched miss hong kong for years...might give it a try this year.

it would be nice to watch this whole program ans some of them have a very good and pleasent look to be contested

Like Crystal's outlook already. These are the looks tht most winners have :) unless thy are looking for other unique features.. :rolleyes:

Looking forward... Wondering if the judges take academic background into count.

hope this year they get better cause each year quality is bad

hope this year they get better cause each year quality is bad

Based on the pictures I've seen, this year seems even worse than previous years. Lots of pork chops.

wow nice to see that the miss hong kong has females with brains now. Good.