86f014b0d1dbee38fc09e6a7afe90c8d.jpg

86f04865bd352871c3a1d486e0aeef01.jpg

020160611213354.jpg

86f05d1fc73916714584b5ab256397b8.jpg

86f076479f98b890af474c590a37e0a1.jpg

86f0c894a106a5eb98a8227bd582fe3e.jpg

86f0d2699a3b1a14359eff288e6119cf.jpg

20160611213247.jpg

From left: Chinese actress Liu Tao, South Korean actress Ha Ji-won, Chinese actress Zhang Jingchu, Fan Bingbing, Jiang Yiyan and Charmaine Sheh

THE 2016 Shanghai International Film Festival raised the curtain on its film celebration tonight at Shanghai Grand Theater with a star-studded red carpet show and grand opening ceremony.

British actor and scriptwriter Ian McKellen, Chinese American film maker Ang Lee, American actor Bradley Cooper, Hong Kong actor Chow Yun-fat, Taiwan actress Shu Qi, South Korean heartthrob Lee Min-ho and mainland actress Fan Bingbing were among the big-name stars attending the event. On his first visit to China, Cooper revealed that he will have two movies to exhibit in China. "The city of Shanghai is amazing," said Cooper. "I am deeply touched by its vitality."

Taiwan actress Shu Qi said that her new film will be a Chinese remake of the famous Hollywood comedy romance "My Best Friend's Wedding." British actor and scriptwriter Ian McKellen, known for his portrayal of Gandalf in the Peter Jackson trilogy "The Lord of the Rings," said it is his first time in Shanghai, a beautiful city. McKellen’s 1995 film “Richard III” will be screened in the festival's "Shakespeare on Film" program to commemorate the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare’s death this year. He will also talk with local college students about his experience of theater and film acting. At the opening ceremony, McKellen also presented an episode from "As You Like It" while acclaimed mainland theater actor Jiao Huang staged an episode from "Hamlet."

Ang Lee recalled his first time attending the Shanghai International Film and TV Festival 10 years ago. "I have been amazed at a flourishing Chinese film industry over the passing 10 years," Lee said. Celebrated Serbian Director Emir Kusturica, known for "Time of the Gypsies" and "Underground" will be the jury president of the coveted Golden Goblet awards. Kusturica expressed his joy to be in the middle of cinema and movies in the following days, adding that they will choose good movies.

Fourteen feature films of diverse styles and genres will compete for this year’s Golden Goblet awards. The festival will also honor excellent documentary and animated movies. This 2016 Shanghai International Film and TV Festival runs till June 19.

All this amazing stuff, and all I could think about was why Fan Bing Bing's dress looked like that.. lol. But really, everyone looked amazing, elegant and stylish, and then Fan Bing Bing's dress was just.. different. But then again, actresses usually go for that to stand out, especially at such an event where Hollywood stars are even in attendance.

I wonder why Song Ji Hyo wasn't mentioned in the article, though her picture is up there. But Lee Min Ho was mentioned, and no picture. The article also makes me curious about that train Jackie seems to be doing with a bunch of other actors.

Everyone look great here! Especially Charmain as she looks elegant in that dress! Jackie and the other actors looks funny with the "train" line up! I am sure the audiences appreciate it too.

Chow yun fat looks very good. As he ages he looks better. Wow!!

Nicholas didn't age at all - has a baby face.

Wow Chow Yun Fat still looking good :) everybody's dress is so nice

Wow, everyone looks great. Hope the 2016 Shanghai International Film and TV Festival went well.

It was a glitzy event with alot of superstars attending! Even the lovely Charmaine is here!