Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sh33pymd

Grace Chan is worried she might laugh while filming "Wulin Revival" and Ben Wong is well prepared for the heat

15 posts in this topic

Source: Asia E-News/Yahoo celebrity/MingPao

1465204754637SF_D13A7476B2853F0E8F30DB4FF6506CB8.jpg

7cn_benchoosesperioddrama00.jpg

1465204757460SF_3478D182986D0BB33576F807E68F4F38.jpg

Grace Chan attended the costume fitting event for up coming TVB series "Wulin Revival" the other day. In the series, she plays the role as an Imperial Guard with conservative costume. When asked if her boyfriend, Kevin Cheng felt relieved, Grace Chan laughed and said: "Thank you, my parents are very relieved because I have got nothing to show." Asking if she could withstand filming fighting scene under the hot weather, Grace replied it was not a problem if she was concentrating to film, but controlling not to laugh is the most difficult part. She said: "My role is very serious, I have to look "cool" and act being "cool", because of that, I was worried that I might laugh when looking at the other cast members (looking so comical) while filming."

On a different note, It has been three years since Ben Wong's last costume drama, which is why he is willing to play a role in the upcoming TVB drama, "Wulin Revival", despite the scorching summer heat. As reported on Mingpao News, the actor, who attended the press conference announcing the new drama clad in his royal guard costume, stated that he is very excited with the opportunity to do a period drama again, although it will be a comedy this time round. "At first I was very excited. But then I got worried when I realised that we will be shooting from June to August. It's going to be quite hard," he admitted.

When asked if he is worried about getting heat stroke, Ben stated that he has already prepared himself. "We have prepared fans, cold towels and breathable shirts. These work well," he said. Ben also joked that most of the cast members are envious of lead star Edwin Siu, who would not need to perform action scenes for half of the series and was given a much lighter wardrobe than the others.

In "Wulin Revival", Ben plays the Commander of the Palace's secret guard, who is both good and evil. Grace Chan will play his apprentice. The new drama will begin filming this month.

Interesting. Hope the story and this series are good.

Who's that old guy?

For some reason, Grace looks weird. Maybe it's the camera angle. Her head doesn't seem proportional to the rest of her body. :P

Grace doesn't look too fitting for the role, maybe because she's just so thin, the costume just doesn't look right.

She doesn't even look capable of acting in ancient series...

gah....I wish they would stop putting Grace CHan into so many roles when he acting has not improved at all....stick with letting her train in modern series

grace chan looks too skinny... her costume seems to weight her down!

It's a comedy ? Blah....

Grace is too skinny...she doesn't look right in her costume

Hmm, not sure the fitting suits her that well. She looks too tiny in the outfit.

Hope this drama will be good. Looking forward to see Grace in her new role.

Another ridiculous costume drama in-the-making by TVB, it's hard to see they will produce good wuxia series as they did it at the past era, 80's.

I am not sure how convincing Grace will be in her role...she has one filmed one period drama and in there she was allowed to speak English because she came from the present...

Why is Grace is another series again!!! They should send her off to acting classes. She CAN'T act at all!

TVB doesn't seem to know how to make interesting ancient series that's not comedy, wonder how this will go. As for Grace, I don't think she's ready for a series like this.

Comedy in a period drama? I hope this will be a good one...there hasn't been any decent ratings on drama lately

I love ancient dramas, but TVB hasn't made a good one for a long time. I love watching Grace Chan because she's beautiful, but her acting isn't lead material yet. She should get a supporting role instead of lead role.