Followers 0
sh33pymd

Japanese popstar stabbed repeatedly by crazed fan for 'refusing a gift'

22 posts in this topic

Source: Daily Star

5742bb761d027_ScreenShot20160523at08.40.13.jpg

531365.jpg

531364.jpg

J-pop idol Mayu Tomita was waiting to perform at a concert venue in Tokyo when she was attacked by a male fan. The disgruntled fan reportedly was furious when the 20-year-old singer refused a gift from him. The attacker allegedly stabbed Mayu over twenty times, with the popstar receiving nearly two dozen wounds to her neck and chest.

Police in Tokyo arrested Tomohiro Iwazaki, a 27-year-old man, at the scene. Mr Iwazaki allegedly ambushed Ms Tomita after she returned a gift he had sent, with reports claiming he told police: "I lost my temper because she clearly didn't answer." A blood-covered knife was seized at the scene.

Mayu, a member of the girl band AKB48, has yet to regain consciousness. In a chilling twist, the popstar is believed to have complained to police about being stalked by a fan, thought to be Tomohiro. Messages from a Twitter account, allegedly from Tomohiro, were sent to Mayu, with one sent in February reading: "I will never forget that I was looked down upon by you." According to the Japan Times, Mayu's Twitter account received a message the following month reading: "It would be radical to kill just because (someone was) rejected by a girl."

Mayu is a kenkyuusei, or apprentice, of the idol group AKB48, a hugely popular band which contains nearly 150 members. A kenkyuusei performs in place of a band member if they cannot attend a concert, and becomes an official member if another girl leaves. AKB48 have previously been exposed to violence from fans. In 2014, group members Rina Kawaei and Anna Iriyama were attacked by a 24-year-old man with a handsaw at a meet and greet event.

Tragic that this happened, good thing they caught this person and hopefully she will recover. More than likely she will no longer perform.