Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sh33pymd

HK duo may face life in mainland prison over fake guns

9 posts in this topic

Source: ejinsight

1280716_c936e26009a2efcb3146bde9ce83b0fd-692x360.jpg

Two Hongkongers, a man and a woman, could be jailed in the mainland for the rest of their lives after customs officers at Shenzhen’s Futian port found them trying to transport replica guns, Apple Daily reports.

Customs officers stopped the duo around 9 p.m. on April 1 after an X-ray machine revealed that the objects in the bags they were carrying looked suspicious. Inspectors found four boxes of iPad Air tablet computers in each bag, which, when opened, contained eight replica guns. The duo appeared shocked when the fake guns were revealed. They said they had been given several hundred Hong Kong dollars as compensation for bringing the boxes to a certain client in the mainland. The two were arrested, and the case was transferred to the anti-smuggling department.

Under Chinese law, those found trying to transport fake guns through the border could be charged with smuggling weapons and face a maximum sentence of life imprisonment if convicted. Two years ago a mainland man was jailed for life after he was caught smuggling air guns from Taiwan.

how dumb can these people be????? I have no pity for them!!!! there goes your life wasted!

I'm so shocked that there's still people who have no common sense at all.

People these days would do anything for money! They honestly never question what they are asked to smuggle into another country these days.

People will do almost anything for money. Forgetting about the consequences. hopefully the police will be able to find the sender and the recipient too.

Unless the owner of those guns can be found, those two couple are really dumb.

well they played their cards - it was their choice! they should have known better!

I wonder if they knew the person who ask them to take the items to mainland. Should never carry anything that doesn`t belong to you.

they deserve that as they should know better. I feel bad for those people who had the fake hand gun in the public.