Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

Vancouver's Jennifer Coosemans crowned the "Miss Chinese International Pageant 2016" Champion

88 posts in this topic

Source: The Sun

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

15pmotx.jpg

vg5rgo.jpg

2rcqrmg.jpg

34ik4s1.jpg

2qteib5.jpg

14d3ed5.jpg

35bhuhh.jpg

Vancouver's Jennifer Coosemans crowned the "Miss Chinese International Pageant 2016" Champion

Vancouver's No. 14, Jennifer Coosemans (朱亞琳) was crowned the champion of "Miss Chinese International Pageant 2016" last night, while New York's No.9 Mary Chen and Sydney's No. 12 Tiana Luan won first and second runner-up respectively. As for Hong Kong representative, Louisa Mak, though coming in as a favourite, she did not get into the Top 5, surprising quite a number of fans.

Last night, the "Miss Chinese International Pageant 2016" was held at TVB City. The 14 contestants appeared in evening gowns, folk costume,s leopard print bikinis, gold dance outfits and blue Chinese gowns. 6 diamond judges, including Alex Fong, Pakho Chau and Ruco Chan, plus a panel of 20 ex-pageant contestants such as Grace Chan, Sisley Choi and Tracy Chu were part of the judging panel.

The competition last night was mainly between Jennifer Coosemans, Mary Chen and Tiana Luan who performed very well in the first three rounds. During the swimsuit question-answer round, Mary Chen stuck a yellow rune on her head, which came off as humourous and cute. Tiana Luan acted very calmly and generous, and Jennifer Coosemans not only has a face that resembles Michelle Reis, but also has firm abs and a full bust. In the end, they took the Top 3, while Miss Friendship was won by No. 6 Alice Wong from Los Angeles.

Although Louisa Mak was on her home stage, she was the second shortest amongst the contestants. Perhaps her confidence was impacted due to her height, but her performance was average that night, without much outstanding. In the end, she was unable to enter the Top 5. She also became the first Miss Hong Kong champion that was not placed int he Top 3 since 2013.

Louisa Mak: "The Top 3 are my picks"

After the competition, Louisa Mak expressed that she did not cry: "The result is logical, the Top 3 are my picks too! There were many areas that I didn't do well in tonight, maybe because the judge panel is different from Miss Hong Kong, so the standards are different. (Surprised you didn't get into Top 5?) No, the top 3 contestants were constantly reported throughout the night, I could see the scores myself. (Lost most heavily this time?) Not really, I've lost many times in my life. But this time, it was an international competition. The structure, the contestants are international. I will work hard to improve myself. It was a good experience this time, I don't think I lost!"

Congratulations to all the winners! I didn't have a channel to watch it! Jennifer looks great!

Bangkok was cute as well. Anyways congrats to Miss Vancouver and the runners-up.

i don't think she had much a a competition, it was more the third and second places that were tough calls.

anyways congrats to her and the second and third place runner ups

i think the first deserved to win, good look all round but not the other two.

congrats to other winners, but Jennifer seem to be stand out among the rest so she deserved to be crowned champion ......

Congratulations to Jennifer! She was one of the most poised at this competition. I expected more from Louisa though :/

Cong to Jennifer, she is pretty. This year's Miss Chinese International Pageant looks good and have nice firm body.

Miss Vancouver is pretty this year.....prettier than past ones in my opinion.....

Jennifer deserved to win... think she was the best one there out of all of them!

Jeniffer kind of resembles michelle reis and linda chung! she's pretty !

This year's pageant looks not bad compare to last year.

Jennifer is very pretty, if she learns cantonese well, she will have a long career.

ahhhh are there no more quality contestants!?!!? i miss the good old days

Congrats to the winners. Wonder what their future in entertainment will be like.

i think it's been a while that no candidate from hong kong made it to the final round..

Congratulations to the top 3. All the best for their future.

congratulations to the jennifer coosemans being crowned and to the other winners too

Miss Vancouver is my number one pick and she really make it. Congratulations!

omg!!! she is the best looking among them!!

now into tvb... drama!!!!

She's really pretty. Congrats to her! Vancouver always churns out the winners.

Congratulations Ms Vancouver.

Oh, she is so pretty....