Followers 0
johnwai82

Body of student missing for 4 days found in Big Wave Bay, Shek O

9 posts in this topic

Source: Ejinsight/ Apple Daily

1453003301_a01c.jpg

1452996921_b8af.jpg

1452999213_8e9a.jpg

A young woman’s body was found floating in the sea off the Big Wave Bay beach in Shek O Sunday morning. The police who believed it might be the body of the secondary school student who had been missing for four days immediately contacted her family. When the student’s father recognized the body as his daughter’s he collapsed in tears. Lee Hiu-kwan, 20, went missing on Wednesday last week. Before leaving her family home in Yiu Tung Estate in Shau Kei Wan she told her friends she was going to jump off a cliff in Shek O. Her parents reported the case to the police at once. A search led by the Government Flying Service and fire services was carried out, with rescue helicopters scouring the Shek O area last week but nothing was found. Lee, who was due to take the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education examination in April, felt under a lot of pressure, the report said.

Edited by johnwai82

I hope that the police will find out what happened to the girl so that her family will get the closure they need.

wow if she mention to her friends that mean she wasnt thing of killling herself

there must be something to this

Many teenager/student suicide in hk.

Very sad to hear this news......RIP prayers to her family n love ones. :(

I think Hong Kong needs to reform their education system. Seems like they are putting too much stress on their young generation which causes them too much stress and make them want to sucide

there is too much pressure in HK.. kids this young can't be kids anymore.. pressure for them to do well at school and the competitive environment is not healthy!! May she rest in peace. A parent worst nightmare.

Pressure isn't unique to students. It's now reality. At least the family can have some closure. rest in peace.

I can't believe the number of kids that feel pressured about getting good grades from their parents or peers. Are the standards set so high in Hong Kong that everyone has to come from a good school or you can't get into college?

that is sad to hear. they should be more careful when going outing like this. I feel sorry for them. hope their families will accept their loss.