Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

"War of Genders" may possibly be getting a sequel with the original cast after 15 years

126 posts in this topic

Source: on.cc

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

20t2r87.jpg

dzxmcj.jpg

"War of Genders" may possibly be getting a sequel with the original cast after 15 years

Although it's already been 15 years since TVB's classic drama "War of Genders" was broadcast, the cast members, Dayo Wong, Dodo Cheng, Patrick Tang, etc. still have a good relationship. The night before, the cast held an anniversary dinner with the producer, Steven Tsui, for a reunion. According to sources, Dayo Wong is trying to start a sequel with the original cast of "War of Genders" at the end of the year. Everyone is on board with it, even Dodo, who is most against filming dramas, is starting to soften. If "Ah Lok" and "Miss Mo" were to cooperate again, surely all drama fans would applaud! "War of Genders", led by Dayo Wong and Dodo Cheng, recorded strong ratings during its run, peaking at 50 PTS. Other than the two receiving "My Favourite TV Male and Female Character" awards, Dodo even won the TV Queen award with the drama.

Ah Lok becomes the boss of law firm

Although it has already been 15 years, the cast, Dayo Wong, Dodo Cheng, Patrick Tang, Joyce Chan, Ram Tsang still meet up once in a while. The night before, they had a reunion with the producer, Steven Tsui, for a 15th anniversary hot pot dinner. Dodo also uploaded a picture to share with netizens, and wrote: "The cast members from "War of Genders" that attended today! Although not all of us are here, still very happy we can meet! Hopefully everyone will be here next time! There's always a next time!" After the photo was uploaded, it immediately brought back memories of "CK Law Firm", causing may netizens to ask when the cast will cooperate again.

Actually, the male lead, Dayo Wong, really wants the cast to cooperate again. Recently, he had been persuading Steven Tsui to be the producer for this project. But Steven will be filming "You Who Came from the Cat Star" with the original cast of "Ghost of Relativity" in February, and Dayo will also be holding stand-up comedy shows in the first half of the year, so the fastest this can happen would probably be at the end of the year (2016). According to sources, the two have already been discussing the story. Originally, Dayo was planning on filming a spin-off of "War of Genders", being approximately 5-10 episodes, but Steven Tsui believes that a sequel is more suitable. The story will continue off from the ending of "War of Genders", after "Ah Lok" becoming the boss of a law firm, and his relationship with "Miss Lok" is smooth-sailing. The story will revolve around the changes after 15 years.

Producer: "We indeed have this idea."

With Dayo being the initiator, the whole cast all agree. Although Dodo had once said that she would not film dramas anymore, after Dayo kept persuading her, plus the reunion of this 'golden cast' after 15 years, and the conditions are quite attractive, her attitude towards filming has softened. With Dayo's eloquence, it should not be hard for her to agree.

The newspaper asked for confirmation with Steven Tsui yesterday, and he admitted that he and Dayo have indeed discussed this reunion with the original cast. However, whether it can really happen will have to wait: "We do have this idea, and Dodo is not against it. I have a new drama at the beginning of the year, and Dayo will be holding shows, so we will have to wait until the end of the year! But we all do really miss how the cast cooperated so happily back then."

i wonder if this is going to happen or its just to hype up the fans

waaaa soon plss

hope i cant get to watch this seriessssssssss

omg are they really coming out with a sequel. I can't wait if this is true. This is good that they will be using the original cast.

I will be so good to watch Do Do back in a tvb series after so many years. I'm sure she still has lots of fans

should be interesting if tvb plan to have the same original cast after 15years , still nice to watch dodo and dayo again ......

yes please. i thought this gathering was for a dinner only, didn't know there were talks in works.

recycled ideas and veteran actors. is that all TVB has? No fresh stories, fresh talent, or anything remotely original?

I loved this drama. Can't believe it was 15 years ago... This really ages me lol Hope there is a sequel! Love Dayo Wong!

this is going to be great! anything with dayo in it will be funny!!!

hope this will bring back the old tvb back! i don't really like the new shows as much

such a good news. we are all waiting for this new series !

this would be AMAZING!! i really hope they do it, love that show! Dayo so funny! :D

cant wait for this to be back, all the series lately are not as good as the previous years ones.

looks like TVB is out of fresh ideas for shows and now have to go back to the old popular ones to do sequels to gain audience interest

well it was a epic show while it last but I dont think a sequel would be that interesting

just rewatched the original. It will be nice if they did a sequel

I can't wait for the war of genders 2. This show was very funny back then.

i can't wait for this to happen! the first one was so funny!

Cant wait for this one to come out. hopefully itll be as good as the old one

WHAT!!! This is big!!! Would be ecstatic if this is true!!! <3 support all the way

tvb have no more ideas that they have to use old stories, watch them make revamp old series

thats so great to hear! that series was awesome! love dayo wong!