Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

"War of Genders" may possibly be getting a sequel with the original cast after 15 years

126 posts in this topic

Source: on.cc

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

20t2r87.jpg

dzxmcj.jpg

"War of Genders" may possibly be getting a sequel with the original cast after 15 years

Although it's already been 15 years since TVB's classic drama "War of Genders" was broadcast, the cast members, Dayo Wong, Dodo Cheng, Patrick Tang, etc. still have a good relationship. The night before, the cast held an anniversary dinner with the producer, Steven Tsui, for a reunion. According to sources, Dayo Wong is trying to start a sequel with the original cast of "War of Genders" at the end of the year. Everyone is on board with it, even Dodo, who is most against filming dramas, is starting to soften. If "Ah Lok" and "Miss Mo" were to cooperate again, surely all drama fans would applaud! "War of Genders", led by Dayo Wong and Dodo Cheng, recorded strong ratings during its run, peaking at 50 PTS. Other than the two receiving "My Favourite TV Male and Female Character" awards, Dodo even won the TV Queen award with the drama.

Ah Lok becomes the boss of law firm

Although it has already been 15 years, the cast, Dayo Wong, Dodo Cheng, Patrick Tang, Joyce Chan, Ram Tsang still meet up once in a while. The night before, they had a reunion with the producer, Steven Tsui, for a 15th anniversary hot pot dinner. Dodo also uploaded a picture to share with netizens, and wrote: "The cast members from "War of Genders" that attended today! Although not all of us are here, still very happy we can meet! Hopefully everyone will be here next time! There's always a next time!" After the photo was uploaded, it immediately brought back memories of "CK Law Firm", causing may netizens to ask when the cast will cooperate again.

Actually, the male lead, Dayo Wong, really wants the cast to cooperate again. Recently, he had been persuading Steven Tsui to be the producer for this project. But Steven will be filming "You Who Came from the Cat Star" with the original cast of "Ghost of Relativity" in February, and Dayo will also be holding stand-up comedy shows in the first half of the year, so the fastest this can happen would probably be at the end of the year (2016). According to sources, the two have already been discussing the story. Originally, Dayo was planning on filming a spin-off of "War of Genders", being approximately 5-10 episodes, but Steven Tsui believes that a sequel is more suitable. The story will continue off from the ending of "War of Genders", after "Ah Lok" becoming the boss of a law firm, and his relationship with "Miss Lok" is smooth-sailing. The story will revolve around the changes after 15 years.

Producer: "We indeed have this idea."

With Dayo being the initiator, the whole cast all agree. Although Dodo had once said that she would not film dramas anymore, after Dayo kept persuading her, plus the reunion of this 'golden cast' after 15 years, and the conditions are quite attractive, her attitude towards filming has softened. With Dayo's eloquence, it should not be hard for her to agree.

The newspaper asked for confirmation with Steven Tsui yesterday, and he admitted that he and Dayo have indeed discussed this reunion with the original cast. However, whether it can really happen will have to wait: "We do have this idea, and Dodo is not against it. I have a new drama at the beginning of the year, and Dayo will be holding shows, so we will have to wait until the end of the year! But we all do really miss how the cast cooperated so happily back then."

this is still one of my fave dramas rewatched it just last year ! sure doesn't feel like it was so long ago but would still love a sequel !

This would be awesome!! Hopefully they make it just as awesome!

This will be very interesting if they do make a sequel for War of Genders after 15 years!!!

Oh My God. I am so excited for this, will totally watch it even though haven't watched any TVB in years now, but can't wait for this!

It will be great if the sequel can take off I am already looking forward to it !!!!!!!

Wow... Classic...... I forgot everything about the first one... they might make a new movie....... but im still interested

Definitely a good drama, can't wait to watch it... please please make it happen!!!

Wow... Dodo Cheng... long time no see...

Throwing back to the past and old TVB dramas

not sure what show is this.. but if they can get carol to act again. thats great!

Would love to see a sequel! HK Dramas have been down laterly, this would surely be a hit!

Excellent!! I hope they really can film this drama. It was very funny!

the first one was good hopefully the sequel can happen and i cant wait to see it

I don't mind a sequel of this drama, so long can watch Dayo Wong on tv screen again, the same goes for Dodo, I haven't watch a drama of hers for so so long.

seriously?

another 50pts rating drama its gonna be if its true

Is really a good news.

Awaiting for them to be in the TV screen again.

If they can make it just as funny without any crass humour, then I'd definitely watch it, I really liked the original and would hate for it to be a half ar$ed attempt

This is a good idea. Hope they will bring back the original cast. Can't wait to see the sequel of War of Genders.

at first i wanted a sequel. now i think the ending of it is fine. didnt want them ruined the series

omg I can't believe it's been 15yrs but I would TOTALLY watch this! I hope it will be as hilarious as the first one!

i can't wait for this to happen. it will be as good as the original. please do a sequel.

Omg it's such an old series can't even remember what happened in the first one...