Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe.C

"War of Genders" may possibly be getting a sequel with the original cast after 15 years

126 posts in this topic

Source: on.cc

Translated by: Chloe.C @

Hidden Content

Like this post or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

20t2r87.jpg

dzxmcj.jpg

"War of Genders" may possibly be getting a sequel with the original cast after 15 years

Although it's already been 15 years since TVB's classic drama "War of Genders" was broadcast, the cast members, Dayo Wong, Dodo Cheng, Patrick Tang, etc. still have a good relationship. The night before, the cast held an anniversary dinner with the producer, Steven Tsui, for a reunion. According to sources, Dayo Wong is trying to start a sequel with the original cast of "War of Genders" at the end of the year. Everyone is on board with it, even Dodo, who is most against filming dramas, is starting to soften. If "Ah Lok" and "Miss Mo" were to cooperate again, surely all drama fans would applaud! "War of Genders", led by Dayo Wong and Dodo Cheng, recorded strong ratings during its run, peaking at 50 PTS. Other than the two receiving "My Favourite TV Male and Female Character" awards, Dodo even won the TV Queen award with the drama.

Ah Lok becomes the boss of law firm

Although it has already been 15 years, the cast, Dayo Wong, Dodo Cheng, Patrick Tang, Joyce Chan, Ram Tsang still meet up once in a while. The night before, they had a reunion with the producer, Steven Tsui, for a 15th anniversary hot pot dinner. Dodo also uploaded a picture to share with netizens, and wrote: "The cast members from "War of Genders" that attended today! Although not all of us are here, still very happy we can meet! Hopefully everyone will be here next time! There's always a next time!" After the photo was uploaded, it immediately brought back memories of "CK Law Firm", causing may netizens to ask when the cast will cooperate again.

Actually, the male lead, Dayo Wong, really wants the cast to cooperate again. Recently, he had been persuading Steven Tsui to be the producer for this project. But Steven will be filming "You Who Came from the Cat Star" with the original cast of "Ghost of Relativity" in February, and Dayo will also be holding stand-up comedy shows in the first half of the year, so the fastest this can happen would probably be at the end of the year (2016). According to sources, the two have already been discussing the story. Originally, Dayo was planning on filming a spin-off of "War of Genders", being approximately 5-10 episodes, but Steven Tsui believes that a sequel is more suitable. The story will continue off from the ending of "War of Genders", after "Ah Lok" becoming the boss of a law firm, and his relationship with "Miss Lok" is smooth-sailing. The story will revolve around the changes after 15 years.

Producer: "We indeed have this idea."

With Dayo being the initiator, the whole cast all agree. Although Dodo had once said that she would not film dramas anymore, after Dayo kept persuading her, plus the reunion of this 'golden cast' after 15 years, and the conditions are quite attractive, her attitude towards filming has softened. With Dayo's eloquence, it should not be hard for her to agree.

The newspaper asked for confirmation with Steven Tsui yesterday, and he admitted that he and Dayo have indeed discussed this reunion with the original cast. However, whether it can really happen will have to wait: "We do have this idea, and Dodo is not against it. I have a new drama at the beginning of the year, and Dayo will be holding shows, so we will have to wait until the end of the year! But we all do really miss how the cast cooperated so happily back then."

wow is been fifteen years, hope this sequel will be good.

this will be an interesting reunion. i wish they do a journey to the west and bring back the old case :)

15 years! already 15 years? Can't believe time flies so fast...

I wished they will have a sequel to this great series! Can't wait to see Dayo and DoDo collaborate again!

it will be nice if the sequel is the continuation of the story with original casts

Really cant wait for the sequel. I am going to watch "War of Genders" again.

oh wow with the original cast now thats amazing. i hope it happens

Yeah , if really re-shot a sequel , this would be great, i really like this series ..wish to watch

Dodo and Dayo again :)

yes !!!!! please bring them back!!!! I loved the first one . . . hope the entire cast returns

hopefully this will be good since its going to be the original cast! can't wait!

that drama reminds me of everything and i watch it twice hahaha

congrats to them to be friends still...

don't really remember the story line to war of the genders, but would be interesting to see if they do make a sequel

The first series was so good I can't wait for the second one. Sequel please come soon!

cant wait to see it, i loved the first one. Hope it comes out soon

dont do a sequel...come home love is a good example.

War of the Genders is my all-time favorite comedy series. A sequel will be fantastic especially with Dodo coming back to do a drama! Dayo, Dodo and the original cast - this is a sure fire way to up the ratings for tvb.

Should be quite enjoyable to watch Do Do again. Like her shopping variety program already.

wow interesting. i think i would check it out at least.

hahahahah wow i remember this show. i dont remember if i watched all of it but they were so young looking back then. i think it was even before Dodo's plastic surgeries cos she looked different

I think miss mo's plastic surgery is making her too scary looking. Not sure i would want to watch it.

This would be awesome if she agrees and this actually happens